I started a new job a week ago. It is my first full-time, big-kid job as I graduated from college in December. Last week, I was super excited about this new position, the responsibility, the chance to gain some skills, and of course the paycheck - it's not much (at all) but it's enough that I should be able to move out and support myself.

This week, though, I am in a major slump. On the one hand, I feel like I will never learn all the particulars of this position and that the responsibilities are incredible. Yet on the other, it's not a position that really requires a degree but I took it because 1) it was the best offer I had and 2) most jobs that required a degree ALSO required additional experience which I figured I could attain here.

It doesn't help that I had to leave a student worker position (because I was/am no longer a student) that I LOVED. There was an administrative position in that department that paid slightly more than my current one and I could have stayed with all those awesome people, but I didn't take it because I figured something new was good for me and I thought it would be humiliating if I applied and then was rejected since I knew everyone there so well.

I keep telling myself if I took that job I'd still have regrets, but I don't know.

I'm sure this is just a reaction to change and all the extra work being put on me; I remember feeling similar in some previous jobs I've had at the beginning. I also keep telling myself that I can do it for a year or two and then move onto something else if I need to. I also have the option of working on a graduate degree for free as long as I'm employed here, so that's another good option I can pursue.

I'm just feeling really, really low and needed to vent I guess. On the plus side I get to look at apartments on Friday; I was really excited to do this last week but now have convinced myself that they'll probably all be terrible and it's all for nothing.