Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: relapse

relapse

Hi, i have suffered with years with anxiety and depression and tried varrious meds with little or no effect. Since Septemeber i have been taking a daily combination of escitalopram (10mg), mirtazpine (15mg) and pregabalin (2 x 100mg). This seems to have heped, but i have crashed over the festive period, a time which i have always found difficult. Should i still get bad times, even though on such a combination? I thought i shouldn't still get issues. Like i say, the last 3 months have been very good, so feel kinda crushed that i have had a relapse. Any advice?

Re: relapse

Unfortunately relapses are part of the deal for me and many others regardless of medicAtion.

Good times are there to be savoured meaning we are the select few who tastes the freedom of peace and therefore cherish the simplest of things.

Ie we have seen hell and heaven is the lightness of balance of body and mind

But setbacks can. Be part of recovery and are torturous as I am in the midst now

You r not alone especially at the precious but tough time of year

Jackie

so are you on meds and have relapses still?

Yes and yes. And I'm a yoga teacher who teaches yoga to people like me and u xx

Claire weekes explains setbacks in her book self help for your nerves. Knowledge doesn't make setback any prettier but it is a book of explanation that I always find comfort in at times like this

You will come thru this. Don't give up on your tablets. Or your ability to get thru this again

Jackie

thanks for info, good to know the relapses still can happen on meds

Still not feeling back to normal, though bit better, should i see about dose increase or play things out ?

If u feel an increase could be the key then really my attitude to recovery is x whatever it takes.

My relapse is so bad. Start off the day feeling strong and trying to accept but as it intensifies I fall to my knees.

Know the blips are a part of this but by all means if the size u r on is small talk to your doctor xx

Take. Care

Jacqueline

I am feeling bit better today, and even cycled 20 miles, but it is still nagging away at me and not the way i felt the last 3 months which were the best i have had in years which coincided with me starting the combination of meds i am on. Thought i was really sorted with this combo as i have been so good. Frustrating to crash down again

Personally I wouldn't be in a hurry to ask for an increase in these meds. It sounds as if you are doing very well and don't fear the worst if you are not feeling as good as you have done over the past few months. Meds may help but are not the be-all-and-end-all.Have confidence in yourself and your continued recovery?

The problem with me is my issues are genetic rather caused by a specific reason or event. I have tried CBT, relaxation techniques, counselling and variety of meds to no effect. This combo seems to have worked well for me but wonder if slight increase may prevent blips like this

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread Information