Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: st johns wort??

st johns wort??

hi there
    a question for those of you taking or have taken st johns wort.........is it any good?
    im thinking of trying it but just wanted to check if anyone had any poisitive results or side effects?
    my cupboard is heaving with vitamins , herbal things, essential oils-everything to try and help my anxiety...i know SJW is for depression but does anyone know if it helps the anxiety
    thanks allx

Hi there

have taken SJW for 2 years and it has certainly helped me, it can't be taken with cretain other drugs such as ad's. but I could not live without it.
    Here if you need to chatr about it

TAKE CARE

Elaine x

For me, St Johns Wort has helped enormously. I am still anxious from time to time and have trouble dealing with "stress" - but it certainly helps me to keep things in perspective and I don't get as low as I did before. So maybe with me, the anxiety causes low mood and the St Johns Wort helps to lift it, if that makes sense!

Anyway, I'd say definitely worth a go (takes up to 4-6 weeks to get into your system). I've not had any side effects and if you stick to recommended dosage, I'm not aware there are any side effects.

hi been on st jw for about a week but feel its prob a feeling that all is ok when nothing else works. i dont really care it makes me feel like im fighting it. anything positive is better than nothing. just reading the information provided as i did and understanding what my body is doing makes me feel yes worried but more in control. i am a long term sufferer recovered and went back over. i sat early am and fought an attack on this sight two hrs sleep last night and 9 hours working today. please if you have any other sugestion please provide im not a harsh person but have suffered like you and would like to hear some positive
    thanks
    andy

a birkbeck

Hi,
    Ive been taking st. johns wort along with omega 3 fish oil and evening primrose oil for 3 weeks now and feel better than I have for 2 years. I no longer feel anxious or panicky, just a general feeling of wellbeing. I also feel more positive after reading and practising things from this site.Im so glad I found it, the lady who started it is a star!

julie x

Forgot to say I also take vitamin B complex too.

julie x

Thanks for your positive reply Julie much appreciated glad its working for you to. Started taking bach rescue remedy every where with me. Its in a discreet yellow spray you spray two sprays on your tongue on onset of panic. It really works, maybe in my head but who cares I dont leave the house with out it spray when at work or driving. Thanks for the vitamin tip.
    Andrea

Andy

hello everyone, i would definately reccomend st john's wort,i took it for about a year a couple of years ago when i had a bout of mild depression, it really helped, i felt more positive and i'm thinking of
    taking it again to help with my anxiety, i'd also recommend the bach rescue remedies, they really help if i start to feel nervous when i'm on the bus or the train.
    the only problem with it is that it can stop the oral contraceptive pill from working. good luck x

Hi everyone

I've been taking st john's wort for a few weeks now and am starting to feel better than I was. I've also tried bach's rescue remedy but not really sure if it does anything for me. Having said that, I had an interview today and remained quite calm throughout.

Gab

Hi all

could be placebo effect but after only a coupla days of SJW I do feel much, much better. I'm currently using it plus evening primrose oil and b-complex.

Anything other than pharmaceuticals. Never again!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information