Thread: Phlegm making me sick (cold)

Phlegm making me sick (cold)

I have a bad cold, i'm petrified it's turning into bronchitus again, i had it last year and i really sick on the phlegm (sorry tmi).

My sore throat has gone and i'm not sneezing as much, but i keep getting a raised temperature, earlier it was 37 & a half (A feaver is classed as 38), and i know a high temp is a symptom of bronchitus.
    It isnt consistantly high though.

I'm coughing quite alot, like a chest cough today instead of the tickly cough i was having a few days ago.

I have loads of phlegm in my throat which im constantly coughing up, theres so much at times though that its causing me to have panic attacks because i had this when i had bronchitus, it just kept coming up in masses until i choked on it and was sick.
    i'm petrified of it happening again, i've been drinking tea, lemsip, using vicks on my nose and chest (on the packet it says rub on throat but i'm unsure of what that will do), ive had buttercup syrup and carvornia but nothing is easing my symptoms.
    (Also is it safe to take buttercup and carvornia together? i dont want to incase i overdose or get sick from taking too much)

Is there anything anyone can recommend to get rid of this phlegm?

And any reassurance on the bronchitus anxieties?

Thank you

Re: Phlegm making me sick (cold)

hi miss moose

as far as i now it is not so bad that it makes you sick as it is the way your body gets rid ot it. Its unpleasant but the body finds its way.

I tae antibitcs for my cold/flu now and i thin it helps with infection, though my stomack is totally killing me now and diarhea all the time.

It also causes sicnrss and it contributed to anxiety.

But it will pass....

I know this will sound gross, but every time you cough up anything make sure and spit it out. My daughter had bronchitis last year and was so sick and now whenever she gets a cold she is so worried that it will go that route again. There are meds you can get that will thin out the secretions and help it come up easier for you. I hope you feel better soon.

Like thumberlina I have the flu that is going around and it is very bad - haven't felt so ill for many a year. I have terrible cough and lots of gunk not to mention the hot sweats although no my temp is not going up. This sounds gross but try and spit it out and have a look at it if its yellow or green then you have some infection and antibiotics will help. If you feel like you are drowning if you lay down then again this is time to go to Dr as you could have fluid in your lungs.

Thread Information