Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Internal " shaking" "vibrating" in chest and stomach area

Re: Internal " shaking" "vibrating" in chest and stomach area

Yes, Yes, Yes! I get all of that! The whole shuddering / fluttering feeling between the abdomen and the chest centre and the pulse feels normal. You would swear it was a 2 second run of like 5 missed beats at once! It is worse for me when laying in bed which is when you can feel the vibration going on too. Hope that helps

I get this too and it totally freaked me out, mine is usually in my neck ... it feels like a low voltage electric current running through me and sometimes it goes on forever UNTIL I panic. I am usually trying to get to sleep when this happens to me. *cries*. Anyone?

I had inner vibrations in my chest and abdomen for about 6 months. It totally freaked me out. I thought I was dying. I was under a lot of stress and had been suffering iron deficiency as a result of my health anxiety. I had seen doctors and everything and they all told me there was nothing to worry about. As I calmed down and started to believe there was nothing life threatening, the vibrating became less and less noticible and then one day it just stopped. I personally feel that with me, it is primarily anxiety based. When I was at my worst, the symptoms (actual, not imagined) that I suffered as a result of panic actually took me a year to recover from. I still have a couple of symptoms now that are still lingering. I dont thik the vibrations are anything to worry about. I think it must be mild trembling, much like you would get if you panicked and looked at your hands, but on a much smaller scale. Coincidentally, around the time i had mine, id not long recovered from a chest infection. When you have a persistent cough, you dont realise it, but for the duration or the sickness when yer coughing, you are also exhausting the muscles in your chest and abdomen from tensing them. Sometimes these muscles become traumatised and can result in this vibration-like sensation.

I've had this a number of times as well, and I'm sure with me it's anxiety-based as well (although it doesn't feel like it at the time!). It also seemed to get worse as I got perimenopausal, and a lot of women report this sensation, so maybe there is a hormonal trigger for it too.

hi after just reading sevral of the shaking in the body , glad other people have it. i suffer from heart beating really all over the place an tremblin inside as my heart is shaking it feels awful an really scarse me , last week i was in bed an my whole upper body was shaking inside, thought wot the hell is wrong wiv me ..

I can't believe how many of you are posting you have this! I do too, and my GP looked at me funny when I mentioned it months ago. Sometimes I put the light on and look at the light to see if it's moving, because I wake up with that inner tremble and think it's an earth tremor!

I *think* it's nerves, affecting my stomach, because if I take some antispasmodic medicine, it calms down and I can go back to sleep.

I get this too! I am amazed at this thread, I thought it was just me! I first had it about 5 years ago, along with achy arms and neck and chest pain, so I went off to A&E and they gave me an ECG- all fine and put it down to stress. I was going through a very stressful period in my life at the time and thought I was coping just fine- obviously my body was reacting differently to my mind! As soon as the docs told me I wasn't having a slow heart attack or anything like that, the symptoms cleared up.

I have experienced it a couple of times since, most recently in the last few weeks. Of course I have HA now (I didn't 5 yrs ago) so I think I am seriously "ill", diagnosing myself with heart failure etc even though my heart copes just fine with really quite strenuous exercise and I am not particularly tired when I am not supposed to be.

Best thing to do is keep busy- I don't notice my heartbeat or get the 'electrical sensations' at all when I am walking, exercising or doing something which holds my attention, even if it is just reading a really good book. Xx

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information