Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Citalopram..from 10mg..20mg....

Citalopram..from 10mg..20mg....

Hi Guys..
    I've been taking Cipramil for the last 3 weeks..day 20 today...on a 10mg dose.
    the 1st 4 days was pure hell...constant fear and general anxiety...But my GP
    gave me Diazepam to take the edge off and this did help...I was meant to take 2.5mg ..3 times a day ..but would only take it of a evening before bed...
    only because i thought I would get hooked on them...I was feeling a little better..that is up until Tuesday this week..I feel as bad now as when I started taking them..Saw my Psychotherapist yesterday and he's suggested
    that I up the dose to 20mg of the Cipramil...Also been taking 2mg of diazepam of evening /night....Does it get any better Guys/gails
    This morning I just didn't want to get out of Bed...Playing me whole life over
    in my head to see where it's come from...
    Mchain

Re: Citalopram..from 10mg..20mg....

Hi There

It should get better once those tablets kick in, it does take a while and you may be more anxious for the first couple of weeks.
    Hang in there and hopefully you'll feel a lot better and able to deal with things more.

I went from 10 to 20 about 3 weeks ago - could feel I had doubled the dose but it was ok - have now gone from 20 - 30 yesterday - felt a bit strange in the afternoon but I feel I'm used to it now, but it was dreadfull when I stared on 10.

The one thing I would say, as hard as it is is try not to think about it, just dismiss it in your mind, thats what I tried to do and it kinda worked.

I think as a anxiety sufferer, I spend my whole day giving small issues far to much thought and attention.

Also, as hard as it is, I drag my self out of bed in the morning, lying there is the worst thing, I torture my self to a state of being upset.

Regards

Joe

Thanks Guys...for the encouraging advice...
    Today's not been my best....Anxiety subsided..but keep shivering...
    and I'm not really that cold...also eating a nightmare..forcing it down..
    in small amount when i can...
    Many Thanks
    MC

Re: Citalopram..from 10mg..20mg....Update

Hi Guys..
    Took Joe's advice and made myself get up at 8.30 this morning...Day 21..of the 10mg...But started to get weird wave like flushes coming over me..
    feel a bit like ..is this ever going to work/get better..But I know by reading the other post's I've got to be positive..but you all know how hard that is when we are like this....I always try to eat a banana every morning after I 've taken my Tab...But still no appetite...
    MC

Friendly Greetings MC

yes we all know how hard it is to stay positive, and sometimes we just have to let that go for a few days and feel sorry for ourselves.. I do, occassionaly i lock myself away for a couple of days and allow myself to mope for a bit, but the depression/anxiety moments begin to happen less and less and soon hopefully you will be able to manage then much better.

Everyone is different, some only need 10mg others 60mg.. finding what dose is right for you will be trial and error, but the drug does work for the most part.

Patience, and perseverance is the key and keeping intouch here will also give you the support and confidence to deal with it all.

Huggles x

Sat.21st..just started my 4th week on 10mg Cipramil....
    Not a great nights sleep ..but took no Diazepam..only that Rescue Remedy and eventually fell asleep..Woke feeling shakey and forced down a bowl of porridge..But have felt better today..Hope this lasts...
    MC

Glad to hear you are feeling better MC

I hope it lasts for you too..

Huggles x

helo mr.marbles it would be of great value to me if you could explain what the statistical evidence is to support your claim that citalopram "works for the most part" as your willingness to advocate seems at odds with my personal journey ,i, however have not had access to your infomation .Thankyou.

Quote Originally Posted by safer at night View Post
    helo mr.marbles it would be of great value to me if you could explain what the statistical evidence is to support your claim that citalopram "works for the most part" as your willingness to advocate seems at odds with my personal journey ,i, however have not had access to your infomation .Thankyou.

Mr Marbles? .. I'm assuming you are referring to me as my avatar says "I've lost my marbles"

I do not have any stastical evidence for having such an opinion. My only evidence comes from a decade of personal experience and contact with many others who have used this drug. This is where I based my opinion.

As I'm sure you know, the saying ' For the most part' means ' In general ' it does not mean absolute.

Huggles

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information