Thread: something good came from google!

something good came from google!

I was sitting planning my final assessed lesson before I qualify and my ribs started to hurt on the left side. I panicked as I am worried about my spleen because I have had on off pain in the area for about 5 weeks now. I insisted on googling even though I knew I shouldn't.
    Had a bit of an epiphany though - instead of googling "enlarged spleen causes" or "painful spleen" or something equally stupid, I googled exactly what I felt, not what I thought might be causing it.
    Turns out the popping feeling in my ribs could be something called popping rib syndrome, which is never serious and is quite common, it just means that the cartilage moves out of place and springs back into place really quickly. There is no treatment required.
    My ribs don't hurt now! It just shows how powerful the mind is!

Re: something good came from google!

I sometimes have rib pain too! Its good to learn it isnt seriuos thank you so much

No problem! What is your rib pain like?

suddenly I feel a pain on my rib like someone kicked it and it hurts. It comes and goes but not so often.

There is also something called Chondritis (or something!) which again is not serious but is caused by the tiny muscles inside your ribs swelling up and causing pain - surprise surprise it is caused by stress! Feels like shooting pains when I have it but is so painful, it's hard to believe it's not something bad!

---------- Post added at 21:38 ---------- Previous post was at 21:37 ----------

Also, this reminds me of when I would google "headache and brain tumour" and panic when it came up with people who'd had a brain tumour and experienced headaches!

I have that on my right side, mines kinda like a extra rib that clicks in and out, can sometimes feel it when I do situps

I was having left sided pains as well, for about 3 months right where my ribs meet my sternum, I googled 3 weeks ago and came upon a forum talking about costochondritis. I looked it up and it was exactly what I was experiencing, completely harmless cartilage pain due to tenseness. Have not had one pain in my chest since
    When anxiety was great within me, your consolation brought joy to my soul. Psalm 94:19

Thread Information