Thread: Symptoms making me poke my testicles daily

Symptoms making me poke my testicles daily

First of all, I visited a doctor roughly a year ago because I had become furious over noticing that my left epididymis was tender to touch. The doctor told me that it was perfectly normal. He also told me to check my testicles every now and then for any changes in shape or feel.

At first, I checked them probably once in two months and then I felt occasional pain in my right testis but I think it was due to me sitting so much at work. The pain made me check them once a month but soon it become twice a month.

Nowadays, I check my testicles every day. Sometimes even twice a day, for changes. And oh boy, I have started to notice changes (or things I haven't noticed in the past). My testicles haven't grown and I cannot feel any lumps but I can feel really slight masses around the edge between my testis and epididymis. The masses are attached to the testis itself. It's really hard to explain how they feel like. The masses kinda feel like pieces of skin that are about 1-2mm thick and have "grown" onto the testicle. They kind of start below the epididymis and spread over the testis itself like a carpet. They don't reach far from the epididymis; the edge is around 5mm from the epididymis.

I haven't seen a doctor about them because I don't really want to. I have suffered from health anxiety for the past 6 months and I have seen doctors for a dozen times. Before lymph nodes concerned me and now this.

Re: Symptoms making me poke my testicles daily

Quote Originally Posted by kroppb View Post
    First of all, I visited a doctor roughly a year ago because I had become furious over noticing that my left epididymis was tender to touch. The doctor told me that it was perfectly normal. He also told me to check my testicles every now and then for any changes in shape or feel.

At first, I checked them probably once in two months and then I felt occasional pain in my right testis but I think it was due to me sitting so much at work. The pain made me check them once a month but soon it become twice a month.

Nowadays, I check my testicles every day. Sometimes even twice a day, for changes. And oh boy, I have started to notice changes (or things I haven't noticed in the past). My testicles haven't grown and I cannot feel any lumps but I can feel really slight masses around the edge between my testis and epididymis. The masses are attached to the testis itself. It's really hard to explain how they feel like. The masses kinda feel like pieces of skin that are about 1-2mm thick and have "grown" onto the testicle. They kind of start below the epididymis and spread over the testis itself like a carpet. They don't reach far from the epididymis; the edge is around 5mm from the epididymis.

I haven't seen a doctor about them because I don't really want to. I have suffered from health anxiety for the past 6 months and I have seen doctors for a dozen times. Before lymph nodes concerned me and now this.
    Morning my friend you are letting your anxiety control you,give it some xxx and make sure that you control your anxiety,if there is anything wrong it will be there anyway,you worrying about it won't make it go away,just some friendly advice my friend

Quote Originally Posted by Aquilega View Post
    Morning my friend you are letting your anxiety control you,give it some xxx and make sure that you control your anxiety,if there is anything wrong it will be there anyway,you worrying about it won't make it go away,just some friendly advice my friend
    Thank you a lot for your words! I indeed let my anxiety control me but I don't know how I can reassure myself it's nothing serious. (Well, I am not even sure. A doctor hasn't examined the bumps.)

Yeah feeling them alot will make them feel sensitive and also the more you feel the more 'changes' you will feel, I went through this. I know its hard but when you feel like checking try and do something to take your mind off of it, I will normally check mine once or maybe twice a week when I am in the shower now.

Thread Information