Thread: Does this sound like dp/dr or a legitimate eye problem?

Does this sound like dp/dr or a legitimate eye problem?

Sometimes my vision looks spaced out. It’s like everything is kind of in my peripheral vision. It’s kind of always like that. It bugs me. It’s not the same as blurry vision. Don’t know whether it’s worth mentioning to ophthalmologist. Don’t know if anyone knows what I mean. I also don’t want to seem too mentally ill. I’d rather focus on actual eye/vision problems.

Re: Does this sound like dp/dr or a legitimate eye problem?

I personally feel where you're concentrating on your vision you can trick yourself into seeing things and then work yourself up into more stress which can lead to more.

Remember your eyes are effectively nerves as well so when you have an increased active nervous system where you're worried it'll magnify the symptoms. It's all a vicious cycle. If you calm down and think of something else or do something else I bet you'll not even notice your vision.

Re: Does this sound like dp/dr or a legitimate eye problem?

Quote Originally Posted by DavidJ85 View Post
    I personally feel where you're concentrating on your vision you can trick yourself into seeing things and then work yourself up into more stress which can lead to more.

Remember your eyes are effectively nerves as well so when you have an increased active nervous system where you're worried it'll magnify the symptoms. It's all a vicious cycle. If you calm down and think of something else or do something else I bet you'll not even notice your vision.
    I still notice eye strain when I don’t focus on my eyes. :( But I do think these issues are part of OCD. For a while I panicked about having a tiny field of clear vision. When I studied more about the biology of the eye I learnt everyone else does as well, their brain just fills in the blanks. I do notice the spaced out vision is worse through my bad eye without glasses, so it could just be related to that. I hate OCD.

Thread Information