Thread: How long did Globus last for you?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

How long did Globus last for you?

I was wondering how long globus lasted for people who have had it? I have heard some people say years.
    For me it has been going for a couple of months. It went away a couple of times but came back.

Re: How long did Globus last for you?

about 6 months for me. Ended up getting an upper endoscopy. still get it from time to time when I am anxious.

Years for me!

“Don't be afraid of death; be afraid of an unlived life. You don't have to live forever, you just have to live.” - Natalie Babbitt

Please help keep NMP running and donate to the running costs: http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/donate

I had this many years ago. I suffered for months before going to see an ENT consultant who reassured me I was fine. It went immediately and it has never recurred.
    Doesn't mean I don't panic about all sorts of other things though!

Not sure. It disappeared when I finally managed to ignore it so I'm just not sure! A few months I think.

I've had this exact sensation for a few days now, constant hyper vigilance of the mucus in my throat or is it caused by the worst thing possible, with our lovely curse of flocking to extremes, who knows! Of course my ravenous mind immediately headed for cancer or something terminal or something that will grow into needing an operation... I have never had this sensation before but I also have experienced the shakes that literally rattle my bones at times last year after extended stress, never felt them before, I sit like an idiot for hours and can feel it right now but know it's nothing except my legs being sick of the bad posture, maybe in a week it'll be the focus of my fears again. I keep an open mind so I'm never shocked or unprepared so I'll assume it's either something terrible or just my ongoing dry throat from meds I take and an overactive mind. I'm also not long off recovering from bad flu so my throat's probably still screwed up.
    ''...an utter depression of soul which I can compare to no earthly sensation more properly than to the after-dream of the reveller upon opium - the bitter lapse into everyday life, the hideous dropping off of the veil. There was an iciness, a sinking, a sickening of the heart, an unredeemed dreariness of thought which no goading of the imagination could torture into aught of the sublime.''

Thread Information