Thread: Constant full bladder feeling for the past month. Terrified.

Constant full bladder feeling for the past month. Terrified.

After going to the bathroom one evening last month I noticed that even though my bladder was empty it still felt full.
    This feeling hasn't left me at all for the past month.

I had an ultrasound and my bladder and kidneys were normal, I saw a urologist and he didnt seem too concerned and has sent me for pelvic floor therapy.

I've read so many horror stories online about this chronic bladder condition called intertestital cystitis and i'm convinced I have it. There's no cure for it.

I've been dealing with chronic dizziness for the past 5 years as well as a range of other physical symptoms, and now I seem to have developed another chronic symptom.
    I'm 24, am generally a healthy person. I cannot understand what I did to deserve so much suffering.

There's so much I still wan't to do with my life and i'm worried that I won't get to do it because i"ll have to live with this horrible bladder issue forever. :(

Re: Constant full bladder feeling for the past month. Terrified.

I have urinary symptoms too and doctors have no idea what it is.
    I feel the constant need to pee, 24\7 and when I do there's no relief.
    Also i have pee'd myself once, hasn't happened again.
    A doctor I trust told me it was 99,9% probable anxiety, which I believe now because this started in the day I googled the disease Multiple System Atrophy which can have urinary issues as first sign. I believe I'm making myself feel the need to pee even when there's no reason to. So I read about it and got it the same day? It would be a hell of a coincidence, gotta be anxiety. It can cause all sorts of symptoms trust me!

Hi, I'm having very similar issues - in fact, I just had a call from my doctor to say that the urine sample I gave earlier today appears to be clear but that they're going to send it off for testing. I had a UTI several weeks ago and my symptoms still haven't properly resolved, despite the antibiotics definitely helping (I also had this problem last year). I've read a lot about IC and although it is chronic, it's definitely manageable through diet and medication, so I wouldn't worry too much. IC can also be diagnosed by a urologist, so if you've seen a urologist and they don't seem too concerned, I wouldn't think it'd be anything sinister.

Sorry your going through this too. Every story I read online about IC was horrific. I'm terrified i'll never be able to live a normal life again. :(

Thread Information