Hello!

One question, I visited a psychologist for the first time ever. I've suffered with anxiety and depression all my life but because of moving around, the long NHS waiting list in rural areas etc etc I've never been to see an actuial psychologist before, only counsellars.

Anyway, I stopped taking citralopram after many years about 3 months ago and I'm in a pretty bad way. I read up a lot on how to cope and I think I need some outsuide help.

After a particularily bad weekend that I couldnt get ot of bed I made an appointment with a psychologist for the first time in my life. (NOTE: I live in Chile, where there is a million psychologists, all private)

I had never been before and I answered her questions very honestly and I made another appointment for the next week. But one thing that annoyed me during my time with her and then when I was later at home was that she made an issue that I was dressed all in black. I told her that was my owrk uniform and that I had literally juast finished work but she said I need to use colourful clothes to not be depressed. She mentioned it a lot, and at the end with my "homework" along with exercise.

I'm not an idiot and I know that exercise, good diet etc are necessary to help with depression but this was a real depressive episode.

I'm rambling, my point is, am I right to be angry that her main recomendation to me was "wear a colourful scarf is my uniform is balc in order tp feel better"? I want to give her the benefit of the doubt and go see her again because on my income she is affordable, but I'm not sure if I can get over how ridiculous I found her advice.

Any thought??