Thread: Trouble Swallowing when Drinking

Trouble Swallowing when Drinking

Firstly I'll start off that I'm a 26 year old Male that doesn't drink or smoke just slightly overweight.

As long as i can remember i'll randomly have difficulty swallowing almost like there is a burp stuck in my throat. I can go throughout the day and drink competently normally than have a random situation where it almost feels like i'm forcing down food or a burp. I've become hyper aware of my throat now and i'm always focused each time i drink or eat. In the end it's intermittent and never constant. I do also burp now after i drink more often. Sometimes i'll taste a like stomach bile or maybe stomach acid creeping up my throat. I told my doctor about this and all she said was change my diet and stop drinking caffeine. Just looking for any feedback on this. Scared it could be esophageal cancer.

Re: Trouble Swallowing when Drinking

Quote Originally Posted by Minns View Post
    I told my doctor about this and all she said was change my diet and stop drinking caffeine. Just looking for any feedback on this.
    Your doctor is right. Sounds like some reflux. Also look into the FODMAP diet and look at an OTC PPI like Zantac.

Positive thoughts
    "Eat. Drink. Enjoy the work you do. Be thankful for the blessings God gives you in this life. Live, love and seek out the things that bring your heart joy. The rest is meaningless... Like chasing the wind." King Solomon

The best help is the help you give yourself! http://cbt4panic.org/

Re: Trouble Swallowing when Drinking

Quote Originally Posted by Fishmanpa View Post
    Your doctor is right. Sounds like some reflux. Also look into the

I don't often get the burning Sensation that i know is associated with Heartburn. Only sometimes slightly. I've already changed my diet and cut out certain things with no real changes yet. It's only been about a week so i don't really know how long it can take too improve.

Thread Information