Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Morning anxiety

Morning anxiety

Does anyone feel worse in the morning, I'm always waking up feeling anxious and my belly feels like butterflies and nauseated?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Re: Morning anxiety

Quote Originally Posted by Noworryjonny View Post
    Does anyone feel worse in the morning, I'm always waking up feeling anxious and my belly feels like butterflies and nauseated?

Every damn day, even though in general I'm much better with anxiety now.
    I need at least an hour of quiet to collect myself, with a partner and kitten this is not easy but I get there. The important thing for me is the realisation that it is just anxiety and letting it go, letting it just pass and then I can get on with my day.

But I have promises to keep,

And miles to go before I sleep. - Robert Frost

Every day here! It hits me in the stomach with pains and rushing to the toilet, but I also feel like there is an electric current running through my body. Cortisol levels are at their highest naturally which doesn't help. Some people recommend doing deep breathing and others recommend getting right up and being busy.

Hi Jonny.

its the dreaded morning feeling, and is horrible I know. Best thing is to get up rather than laying in bed letting it intensify, even though all you might want to do is go back to sleep and shut it all out.

For self help with this and other anxiety issues have a look at Dr Claire Weekes books on anxiety and how to cope with it.

Yea it's that gut wrenching feeling and I then lay in bed trying to get back to sleep but I can't so yea I will just get up I think

The morning thing is a VERY common anxiety symptom. It's due to our stress hormone levels being higher in the morning. Do you notice you feel much better in the evening? That's when they're at their lowest.
    Don't lie in bed, get up and get busy. Do some exercise to work off the excess adrenaline. Keep your mind busy. It really does work!

Quote Originally Posted by Beckybecks View Post
    The morning thing is a VERY common anxiety symptom. It's due to our stress hormone levels being higher in the morning. Do you notice you feel much better in the evening? That's when they're at their lowest.
    Don't lie in bed, get up and get busy. Do some exercise to work off the excess adrenaline. Keep your mind busy. It really does work!
    So much this!

I've found walking around my local park always helps to ease that feeling. Burn off the adrenaline

Yes, it's definitely worse first thing upon awakening. I'm a runner, and moving my workouts to the morning has been very helpful at combating the anxiety. I will often still feel anxious when I wake up, but if I have a run scheduled that gives me a reason to force myself out of bed and get moving. Once I'm running, I feel much better and that feeling carries throughout the day. So, I recommend getting up and doing some kind of exercise, even if it's just some easy stretching/yoga. Laying in bed and dwelling on the anxiety just prolongs that terrible feeling, in my experience.

I'm exactly the same. You are not alone. I didn't think I'd make work but just home from a really good day. It's weird waking up the way I do and wondering how I can get through the day but I guess I do x

Always worse in morning . It strange as lots of nights I gone to bed totally happy and then wake at 5 with terrible anxiety and panic . Sometimes for no health anxiety reason at all just a anxious worry over nothing .

Don't quite understand why , maybe chemical level drop

Ellie

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information