Thread: Sertraline/Zoloft/Lustrul day 3.... diarrhea,muscle pain,worse anxiety

Sertraline/Zoloft/Lustrul day 3.... diarrhea,muscle pain,worse anxiety

My Dr. started me on this as he says it will help with the tmj, and calm me down so I don't do it as much, he said start on 50mg, well I was scared to as I read it causes teeth grinding/clenching which is the cause of my tmj. I have taken 2 lots of 25mg both at night and have had 2 nights of hell, waking up in a panic, tossing and turning which is no good for me as I haven't to lie on my side with the tmj, 2 hours sleep then awake the rest of the night.
    I have also got BAD stomach issues, no way could i go out, have to stay near a toilet (tmi) but a fact, also the backs of legs hurt when i press them (calves) and my muscles ache and worse when I press them, generally all over but legs worst.
    Ok, now I know that all these things are symptoms of anx/stress/ but they were getting better until I started this med and now I feel like I have gone backwards.....
    I am thinking I should drop this and just take paracetomol and the amitriptilyne at 10mg for the pain when I need it. (Dr says take 2 if needed)

Anyone?.... please....

Re: Sertraline/Zoloft/Lustrul day 3.... diarrhea,muscle pain,worse anxiety

Hi Trapped, sorry you've been feeling so awful. I've been on sertraline for over a year (this time) and it does take a few weeks for things to settle down. It's common (normal?) to feel worse before you feel better.

Good luck xx

I've just been prescribed this too but for different reasons and I have been too scared to take it because of weight fears.

I too read about teeth clenching but as with all meds they have to list every possible side effect anyone has ever reported.

I have also read that it can cause insomnia, which is a problem for me as I have chronic insomnia anyway. I wondered whether you've tried taking it in the morning? Or were you advised to take it at night.

Hope the symptoms settle soon

Karen x

Thread Information