Thread: Red, hot face and ears....

Red, hot face and ears....

Hi y'all, I'm back!
    I meant to ask this when I was on all the time before, but never did. So now that this thing is back I will ask! Do any of you have any kind of what I call "face flushes"? Let me describe one. My face will get all hot and red and kinda "thick" almost like a hive, but not one. It will some times be just my right cheek and ear or sometimes like tonight it will be my whole head from the upper lip up. Tonights was a bit odd in that it was my whole ears, not just the lobes like normal. The fact that I have not had one for a while and that it was different made me freak out. I have had these thing since I was 28, and I am now 35. Incilentally, that is about the time I started having panic attacks and phobias. I honestly thought it was some kind of pre pre-menapause. But now I think it is an adrynaline (sp?) thing. When I am in new or stressful situations, it happens but sometimes they come on just out of the blue. Right now I am very tired from a pretty intense month, and it would make sense that I would be a bit run down. I think I just need re-assurance and maybe some tips on coping if y'all have any. I have learned the fine art of fanning myself and using a damp cloth to keep my face cooled down. When ever I am around anyone else that wouldn't understand I just say "hot flash" and I do sometimes wonder if that is what it is too. The worst thing is my hypochondria makes me freak out thinking it is a fever. I realy realy fear fever. Any and all input will be very very much appreceated. Thanks in advance!
    God bless you and yours
    Debbie

Yeah Debbie

I know that feeling. Like blushing, with bells on it.

I would use the damp cloth and if anyone says anything tell them you've come over all hot.

I'm sure a hot flash is all it is. Just the heat from all that panic energy escaping in the most visable place possible.
    (Typical of Mr Panic! - he couldn't make our back go hot, oh no, always where everyone can see what's going on to show us up!)

Try not to worry too much.
    Don't be afraid to use that fan public.

Love, light and Best wishes
    Liz xxx
    With hard work and determination and all the things you know.
    The world is there for you to take. There's nowhere you can't go.

[]Scatty Eccentric & 'Poet Laureate to panic and anxiety'

Hi Debbie

I get that lots of time's where mostly its one side of my face is so hot swear you could cook an egg on it People at work do mention it but a friend who used to have anxiety and has gone through menopause told me that it is just like a hot flush and nothing to worry about. Make sure you drink lots of water and what i do is keep a small bottle of water in the frezzer and then just put it on the part that is burning up. it soon calms down. I try not to worry about it. With me it might be menopause as i'm 42 but have had the blood tests and they all came back normal not that i am of course

Take care
    Pauline

Thread Information