Thread: feeling like something is stuck in chest and throat

feeling like something is stuck in chest and throat

Hi

I've been doing really well with my HA and have come off of my Antidepressants a month ago after taking them for 2 years.

Anyway, for the past few days I have been getting what I think is indigestion but I'm not sure. I can only describe it as a feeling that something is stuck in my chest, well near my sternum and in my throat, it is relieved slightly by burping but only for a few seconds and then its back. I have been taking gaviscon which offers shortlived relief but sometimes it doesn't help at all.

I have it right now and I'm trying not to get worked up and worried but i'm jumping the gun and imagining that its not going to go and ill have to have a camera down my throat which is my biggest fear ever.

I would take zantac but I'm trying for a baby so don't think I can.
    The pain is also in my back between my shoulder blades

Can anyone relate to this symptoms and is it indigestion?

Thanks.xxxxx

Re: feeling like something is stuck in chest and throat

Yes I get a lump feeling in my throat ad doc said anxiety. I had it constant for three mths

I can relate to this myself I also have it and it last for weeks its so annoying ...I always heard it anx hope u feel better soon

It is indigestion. I am taking something called Omeprazole for it but not sure you can take that if you are trying for a baby though

“Don't be afraid of death; be afraid of an unlived life. You don't have to live forever, you just have to live.” - Natalie Babbitt

Please help keep NMP running and donate to the running costs: http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/donate

i have a similar feeling maybe due to the fact my uvula is touching my tongue. I heard stress/anxiety can actually do that. I usually get the lump feeling other times but its one sided.

I had the exact same thing recently check out my post somebody sent me a link it's really re assuring give it a look x

Quote Originally Posted by Mogwog View Post
    Hi

I have it right now and I'm trying not to get worked up and worried but i'm jumping the gun and imagining that its not going to go and ill have to have a camera down my throat which is my biggest fear ever.
    Could well be acid reflux - I had/have this and put myself through two years of terror thinking it was, well I don;t ned to tall you what I convinced myself was wrong.

I had the camera up the nose and thence down the throat - felt just like you do about it but it was fine - REALLY - way way better than going tto the dentists for a check-up.

Was prescribed Omeprazole and it is now much improved.

I have the same feeling right now! had it for jut over a week. can feel it when I swallow but burping and eating ease it somewhat. feels horrible. Feels like I have a peanut stuck behind my sternum when I swallow (not when eating). I'm having reflux as well with regurgitation...like you i'm trying for a baby as well (altho we'll probably have to have another go at IVF) tbh although medication isn't advised i think that fixing your anxiety and reflux is probably the best thing to do at the mo. you can always come off once you know you are pregnant. hope you feel better soon xxx

Hi there

Same thing here! pain between shoulder blades, pain in chest like heartburn, something stuck in my throat. Had it on and off for 6 months now, in all fairness, does seem to instantly follow a panic attack/stress time and lasts couple of weeks. Did you get any answers? I was prescribed Omeprazole back in Jan but going to see doc again this afternoon as it's gone on for 2 weeks now which is longest attack so far. I've also been silly and Googled symptoms...oops I've convinced myself of about 10 different serious illnesses since last week so ordered a book all about HA and self help tips so hoping helps a little

Thread Information