Thread: day 8 of duloxetine, does the flat feeling pass?

day 8 of duloxetine, does the flat feeling pass?

Im only on 30mg day 8. after about a week of being on these meds I now feel really flat and its not a nice feeling... does this pass?

Thanks xx

Re: day 8 of duloxetine, does the flat feeling pass?

Quote Originally Posted by Kiwi_87 View Post
    Im only on 30mg day 8. after about a week of being on these meds I now feel really flat and its not a nice feeling... does this pass?
    Yes, it usually does. However, as with most of the initial antidepressant side-effects it may return for a short while after dose increases.

thank you, its weird because this flat feeling only started in the 2nd week into taking? not sure why. X

thank you, its weird because this flat feeling only started in the 2nd week into taking? not sure why. X
    I guess your brain got to that particular tipping point at that time. Antidepressants can cause weird symptoms at the beginning, very few of which have any significance in the longer term.

When do you increase to 60mg?

Yeah its weird as I was unusually tearful during week 1, and now unusually flat now I'm in week 2. I'm hoping it just means that its levelling out before a mood lift? I should be seeing my gp on Tuesday but she said she wanted to see how this week went first before looking at dose. I'm not sure if shell keep me at same dose or will want to increase. Xx

---------- Post added at 22:47 ---------- Previous post was at 22:45 ----------

Im still having to rely on my PRN quetiapine to get me off to sleep, and ideally I'd like to come off it in the future, so I'm really hoping that the insomnia is a temporary side effect too xx

Im still having to rely on my PRN quetiapine to get me off to sleep, and ideally I'd like to come off it in the future, so I'm really hoping that the insomnia is a temporary side effect too xx
    Insomnia is usually a temporary initial side-effects, but as with everything about antidepressants, YMMV. Perhaps, more than with nearly every other category of medication, antidepressant responses and side-effects are determined by how the med meshes with individual biology. It is impossible to predict individual outcomes.

yeah I'll just see where I'm at on tuesday

update: nearly 4 weeks in now, no benefit, continued insomnia, numb, flat, lethargic, even on decreased dose. gp appointment on Tuesday. will ask to switch.

update: nearly 4 weeks in now, no benefit, continued insomnia, numb, flat, lethargic, even on decreased dose. gp appointment on Tuesday. will ask to switch.
    Imho, it's too early to draw any conclusions yet. Antidepressants can take up to 12 weeks to kick-in. But your GP will be better placed to make that call.

they said it would be ok for me to switch x

Thread Information