Thread: MS fear and flashing lights/ head sensation

MS fear and flashing lights/ head sensation

Hello and sorry since I posted a similar thread a while back. I have 2 symptoms that terrify me and I have questions at the end. 1. One symptom I have is when I'm going to sleep with my eyes closed, I would see flashing lights of all shapes and size like sometimes my whole periphery would flash but only when I hear a sound. 2. The other symptom is when I hear a loud noise or get startled or sometimes when I remember something, I get this tingling feeling in my head.

So my question IS:

1. Do any of you have these symptoms without MS and if so, can you please describe which symptoms?

Many thanks.

---------- Post added at 18:10 ---------- Previous post was at 18:00 ----------

By the way, Multiple Sclerosis is what I mean by MS. "Multiple sclerosis (MS) is a demyelinating disease in which the insulating covers of nerve cells in the brain and spinal cord are damaged.[1] This damage disrupts the ability of parts of the nervous system to communicate, resulting in a range of signs and symptoms, including physical, mental, and sometimes psychiatric problems"

Re: MS fear and flashing lights/ head sensation

Quote Originally Posted by Noclip1 View Post
    Hello and sorry since I posted a similar thread a while back. I have 2 symptoms that terrify me and I have questions at the end. 1. One symptom I have is when I'm going to sleep with my eyes closed, I would see flashing lights of all shapes and size like sometimes my whole periphery would flash but only when I hear a sound. 2. The other symptom is when I hear a loud noise or get startled or sometimes when I remember something, I get this tingling feeling in my head.

So my question IS:

1. Do any of you have these symptoms without MS and if so, can you please describe which symptoms?

Many thanks.

---------- Post added at 18:10 ---------- Previous post was at 18:00 ----------

By the way, Multiple Sclerosis is what I mean by MS. "Multiple sclerosis (MS) is a demyelinating disease in which the insulating covers of nerve cells in the brain and spinal cord are damaged.[1] This damage disrupts the ability of parts of the nervous system to communicate, resulting in a range of signs and symptoms, including physical, mental, and sometimes psychiatric problems"
    I have an aunt with MS and she walks with a cane. I also have the flashing lights symptom when I close my eyes. Take it from someone who thought he was losing feeling in his left arm before he acknowledged that anxiety was the problem and then the symptoms disappeared. I've also heard a separate explanation for the whole lights phenomenon. Its said that it has to do with the nerves firing neurons too rapidly at your eyeballs causing visual disturbances. And yes it is most likely anxiety in my case because this symptom disappeared when I started an antidepressant I began to take last year. And it resumed a couple of weeks after I stopped taking it.

Re: MS fear and flashing lights/ head sensation

I've had this... Doctors say my eyes are fine

Thread Information