Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: weird sensation under my left rib cage

Re: weird sensation under my left rib cage

OMG BULAN YES!!! That's EXACTLY where it is. It's sore to press on and everything! It's like the bones hurt but not on the right side at all! Do you have the pain when you press to? X

Yes, I do find it's sore when I press on those ribs. But (and this is a big but), given that I have fibromyalgia, it hurts pretty much everywhere I press, so this spot on my ribs isn't different from any other spot. Which may be good news or bad news, I'm not sure.
    I encourage anyone who's struggling with their doctor to take your health into your own hands. You can always start by checking reviews at www.RateMDs.com. And don't forget to leave a positive review for the doctors you appreciate! FYI: Here are some tips on writing an online review of your doctors: http://abt.cm/1lZUdaF

Hmm I'm unsure. I didn't even know what Fibromyalgia was and it makes SO much sense to me. I have pain like everywhere it seems. My knees, hips, back, shoulders... Everywhere. I might make a wee trip to the docs and see as all blood work always comes back normal and everything I'm told is 'muscular'. Bulan you might have answered my problems! Lol sorry for high jacking your post though and I'm sure it's all connected. I'm glad we aren't alone tho!

Quote Originally Posted by Mrschurchill View Post
    Hmm I'm unsure. I didn't even know what Fibromyalgia was and it makes SO much sense to me. I have pain like everywhere it seems. My knees, hips, back, shoulders... Everywhere. I might make a wee trip to the docs and see as all blood work always comes back normal and everything I'm told is 'muscular'. Bulan you might have answered my problems! Lol sorry for high jacking your post though and I'm sure it's all connected. I'm glad we aren't alone tho!
    It took 1.5 years for doctors to diagnose me. As one doctor recently put it, it's a diagnosis of elimination--in other words, everything else needs to be ruled out first. Meanwhile, not all doctors believe it even exists. So it can take a while for people to get their answers and, in the meantime, those of us with health anxiety feel lost and confused. So if you can find answers through all this, that would be good.
    I encourage anyone who's struggling with their doctor to take your health into your own hands. You can always start by checking reviews at www.RateMDs.com. And don't forget to leave a positive review for the doctors you appreciate! FYI: Here are some tips on writing an online review of your doctors: http://abt.cm/1lZUdaF

I'm lucky as I am offered the BUPA advanced health assessment once every two years through my work which I believe is worth over £500! I had it before I got pregnant and everything came back normal, they check for pretty much EVERYTHING! But I am scared to go this time. :(

What's involved with that assessment, Mrschurchill?

---------- Post added at 22:00 ---------- Previous post was at 21:51 ----------

I couldn't wait another two weeks to see my family doctor, so I saw a walk-in clinic doctor tonight.

He wants to check for kidney stones, and he wants to check to make sure my spine is okay too, so he's sending me for an ultrasound and an x-ray.

As most of you can imagine, the anxiety kicks up a notch while waiting for tests and test results. :(

And of course, the pressure and pain in that area seems worse since having seen the doctor.

It's like the time I went to the ER with chest pains. The nurse told me that some women experience pain similar to a toothache when they have a heart attack. I'd had no tooth pain before that moment, but in the minutes and days that followed, I suddenly had toothaches. :(

So now the pain and pressure are worse under my ribs, and I'm fighting anxiety. Again. I'm afraid the doctor didn't tell me the extent of his concerns, and that he's also checking for cancer.

I can't stand health anxiety. And boy, I hate cancer phobia!!

Ack! I'm worried again. :(

I'm scheduled for an ultrasound and x-ray today, which I'm thankful for. But I have to fast for the ultrasound (except water), so when I drank a glass of water this morning I immediately felt a sharp pain in my upper left abdomen.

I know what my doctor's testing me for, but but he's examining my kidney, and not anything else in the abdomen at this point.

Does anyone have any idea what could cause a sharp pain like mine, after just drinking a glass of water?

http://www.bupa.co.uk/individuals/he...dvanced-health

Pretty invasive and had one before but HA is worse this time so not quite ready for it xx

I've experienced a fluttering pressure under my right ribs for over 6 months now. It feels like a chakra but there is no chakra that I know of in this area.
    Recently I heard of a possible explanation, I'm not saying this is what you are all experiencing here as some people say is a pain rather than a pressure.
    If you have other symptoms you could be going through the ascension process.
    The new "pockets" under the ribs/breast bone are known as a cystalline duaphram. They fill with blood to accommodate integration of higher light frequencies.

Hiya, just seen ur post n i know it was awhile ago but was wondering if u ever found out wot was causing it or if it went away, I am suffering exactly the same thing, its getting very uncomfortable n the doctors have no answers

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread Information