Thread: tongue

tongue

i know its a strange thing to worry about but i am obsessed with the colour of my tongue! sometimes it is very white and this worries me as surely it should be pink! i heard somewhere that it is associated to your digestion!?

Juicy

tongues are often white especially in the morning. Try brushing it with your toothbrush, thats what my dentist told me.
    anx x

Laughter is a tranquilizer with no side effects

Hi Juicyluce,

I agree that tongues can get a white coating on them, especialy in the morning due to things going on with your digestion at night. But its nothing to worry about, I just scrape it off with my toothbrush if necessary, and get a good mouthfull of mouthwash in there.

In fact Ive seen some adverts on the tv recently for a toobrush that has a scrapy bit on the back, just for this purpose. So its a normal everyday thing that happens to lots and lots of people.

Stu

thanks guys - im driving my family mad asking to see their tongues all the time! i guess if it was anything sinister the white stuff wouldnt come off!

thanks for replies but my tongue seems to be getting whiter!! is this normal!? any posts greatly appreciated!!

Hi Juicy,

Mine is very white first thing in the morning at the moment, but a good scraping and lots of mouthwash help get rid of it.

Does the white stuff come off when scraped?, if so I wouldnt worry at all. Mine has done that on and off for many years. Something to do with the acidity in my stomach I think, Ive had Gastric Reflux for years.

Stu

yeah it does - seems to get particularly white after eating and drinking certain things - its mainly at the back - i have made it really sore scraping it!!

Hi Juicy,

I think you may be overscaping if your hurting your tongue, try a quick scrape and gargle with some mouthwash, may give better results.

If your still unsure, a quick trip to your dentist should sort out your worries straight away.

Stu

Hi, I think white coating on tongue can be associated with candida (thrush) which lives in various places in the body. I got quite hung up about my tongue at one stage, but haven't had a look recently! If it scrapes off easily, I think it's ok; if you have white patches that don't come off then it's possibly candida. It's nothing to worry about if it is, it can be treated easily and basically it's just an overgrowth of a certain kind of bacteria.

This info comes from my pre-ban googling days, so is only what I remember. I have always been convinced that I have candida in my gut, which lots of natural practitioners think relate to a lot of our minor problems.

<b id="quote">quote:</b id="quote"><table border="0" id="quote"><tr id="quote"><td class="quote" id="quote">Hi, I think white coating on tongue can be associated with candida (thrush) which lives in various places in the body. I got quite hung up about my tongue at one stage, but haven't had a look recently! If it scrapes off easily, I think it's ok; if you have white patches that don't come off then it's possibly candida. It's nothing to worry about if it is, it can be treated easily and basically it's just an overgrowth of a certain kind of bacteria.

This info comes from my pre-ban googling days, so is only what I remember. I have always been convinced that I have candida in my gut, which lots of natural practitioners think relate to a lot of our minor problems.

<div align="right">Originally posted by ckirby25 - 18 December 2006 : 17:35:27</div id="right">
    </td id="quote"></tr id="quote"></table id="quote">
    Hi

I had candida in the summer and had a white coating on the tongue. You can buy a gel over the counter at the chemist and this will clear it up. My current problem is that my tongue is badly cracked/broken and can be quite sore at times. Anyone have this problem?

chillx

Thread Information