Page 12 of 50 FirstFirst ... 2101112131422 ... LastLast

Thread: Possible Oral Cancer

Re: Possible Oral Cancer

It’s so bad I can not eat on that side of my mouth. Is it possible for oral cancer to go from no symptoms to totally painful on that e tire side of my mouth within 2 weeks?

Quote Originally Posted by darkside4k View Post
    It’s so bad I can not eat on that side of my mouth.

Better of going to your local hospital if it's that bad and explaining as you can't eat and you need to eat.

I can eat I just can't chew on that entire side of my mouth it's so painful. This is the most painful day yet. It is definitely not healing (like a canker sore would). Sadly as time goes on the symptoms are only pointing more and more towards a cancer diagnosis. First it was just painful on the sore, then it spread to my neck and ear, now I can't chew on that side of my mouth because the surrounding teeth are so sore.

Do you think I should or should I wait until Monday for my dentist appointment? So you think it's cancer?

You do realise despite what you read cancer isn't like that, it doesn't spread from day to day otherwise early diagnosis would be almost the case for all cancers. It also wouldn't present new symptoms everyday.

You have read so much you are genuinely believing you have cancer, that is delusional and to me sounds like you need real help with your anxiety, wether this was cancer or not your old posts signal you still need help with your anxiety, you have convinced yourself you have so many problems and so many cancers, the real problem here is your anxiety.

You need to go to the ER it will save you time and even get your a diagnosis today and we can all say we told you so.

I have also found a ulcer under my tongue since reading this thread. I am not sat here frantically googling cancer, sores are a part of life.

Move on.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Health anxiety is a terrible disease but you can't let it take hold of you like this. You're wasting your life. Illnesses with symptoms that spread fast are always bacterial/viral infections of some sort, you do not have cancer. Don't write your life off because of your mental illness. You must get help if you are unable to think even slightly rationally

Sounds like you've got an infection to me.

Not a medical emergency to me. Call a dentist and they try to fit people in. Call a GP and they try to fit people in too.

Obviously this being the US it's different and I'll defer to our American members but if this were the UK the last place you would want to be with this is A&E which is for emergencies that can't be dealt with through other services. You can't eat on one side of your mouth...like anyone who's ever had a toothache.

When I broke a wisdom tooth it got infected and I couldn't eat on that side. It was painful. The dentist got me in quick and gave me antibiotics. These take days to start working so you put up with some pain and wait. Once they start working the pain quickly subsides.

Why not call your dentist and say it's got worse? I've always found them to be very flexible over this stuff.

Is it possible for a normal canker sore to last longer than 2 weeks?

“Don't be afraid of death; be afraid of an unlived life. You don't have to live forever, you just have to live.” - Natalie Babbitt

Please help keep NMP running and donate to the running costs: http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/donate

some can take up to 6 weeks to heal, they can also return immediately after healing

---------- Post added at 18:24 ---------- Previous post was at 18:23 ----------

also, the absolute minimum time frame for healing is 1-3 weeks so I really wouldn't worry

Page 12 of 50 FirstFirst ... 2101112131422 ... LastLast

Thread Information