Thread: Lumpy tongue

Lumpy tongue

I had a throat infection last week, taking last anti b tonight (yipeeee) and its cleared up, only have 1 tiny white spot on tonsil now but ive become obsessed almost with checking my tonsil that tonight I noticed the back of my tounge has lots of small bumps on it and if i stick it right out then right at the very back of my tongue i have 2 pea sized lumps (they are dead centre, the dangly down thing in the throat is directly above them, lol) Are these normal? I tried looking in my hubbies mouth but hsi tongue is sooooooo wierd, it has a hump im sure, you can't see the back of his throat for this huge hump,

Re: Lumpy tongue

Having just looked at the back of my tongue for the first time in ages, yes I can see two kind of lumpy bits on both sides too. Mine are more like squashed peas

Yes pea sized but slightly squished, haha!

Are they dead centre and right at the back? do you have alsorts of lumps at the back of your throat? I have loads of litle ones then these 2 bigger ones, never looked down there before, lol!

Thanks so much:-)

Yes I do have a lot of lumpy bits at the very back of my tongue, kinda looks like the surface of the moon

As far as I know it's always been like that too.

HI Cherry3 and Alabasterlyn, i wonder how many of us members are now sitting here with mirrors trying to see to the back of our tongues getting funny looks off workmates, friends or complete strangers. I have spent a good ten minutes having a look ( my tongue seems to have a life of its own i couldn't get the bugger to stay still long enough to have a good luck and i have just discovered a new party trick, i can flip my tongue all the way over so that the top is in the bottom of my mouth, have got hubbie and kids to have a go and they can't so must be pretty dificuly) I too have got 2 pea size lumps right at the back underneath my dangly bit and you are right alabasterlyn the rest looks like little craters on the moon, never noticed that before!. Thats 3 of us so it must be pretty normal.

Take care.

Jacq x

"Be kinder than necessary, for everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle"

make that 4 of us

anx xx

Thry're called papillae and contain your taste buds - I had a panic about these some months back until I found out what they were!

hi yes i got bumps on my tongue and have also been looking in the mirror at them its normal like giddy as said ther taste buds .tc elaine xx

Thanks all of you, I feel fine now about it.

Thread Information