Thread: Doctor Complaint Update!

Doctor Complaint Update!

As most of you know i have made a complaint against my doctor to the general medical association, they are still investigating.

But i have recieved 2 letter from my doctor yesterday this is what it says.

Further to your letter i am writing to clarify your misconception that i changed you to a lower dose of antidepressant.

I changed you from escitalopram 10mg daily to citalopram 20mg daily, this is a similair medication, however some of my patients with depression had a better response to citalopram. Citalopram 20mg daily is eqvialent to escitalopram 10mg daily, i advised you it may take 2-3 weeks for the drug to take full effect, I was due to review you in 4 weeks after this drug change in order to increase the medication if nessecary.

I have telephoned the drug information service at the hospital and they confirmed that escitalopram 10mg daily is the eqvialent to escitalopram 10mg daily.

The fact is she never said she was changing my pills completely and gave me unessecary side effects.

Ad - you may want to review this as I don't think this is what you mean.

**I have telephoned the drug information service at the hospital and they confirmed that escitalopram 10mg daily is the eqvialent to escitalopram 10mg daily.**

If you would post updates as a continuation on the end of your previous post about the very same thing, as we keep asking you to, it would be much easier for those of us who try to follow through all the stories plus it would make some sort of sense to anyone new trying to learn about medication.

Meg
    www.anxietymanagementltd.com

Your anxiety is the human representation of the pictures that you paint using your many vivid colours of revolving and reoccurring thoughts.
    How big is your gallery ?

Sorry made a mistake there, the doc said she rang up and confirmed 20mg citalopram is the eqvilaent to 10mg cipralex escitalopram

Thread Information