Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: constant anxiety all day long

constant anxiety all day long

I an going through a rough patch where I wake up with a pit in my stomach, trembling, and just feeling impending doom. I have been experiencing this for a very long time now. It comes in waves. I take lexepro and clonazepam daily. Can anyone else relate. How do I go about enjoying life when I feel like this. My doctor wants to switch meds, but I'm terrified of side effects and increase anxiety. I am at the end of my rope. I have a 6 year old to take care of. I'm a mom, a wife, and work full time.

Re: constant anxiety all day long

Quote Originally Posted by Ethansmom View Post
    I an going through a rough patch where I wake up with a pit in my stomach, trembling, and just feeling impending doom. I have been experiencing this for a very long time now. It comes in waves. I take lexepro and clonazepam daily. Can anyone else relate. How do I go about enjoying life when I feel like this. My doctor wants to switch meds, but I'm terrified of side effects and increase anxiety. I am at the end of my rope. I have a 6 year old to take care of. I'm a mom, a wife, and work full time.
    I would listen to your doctor. You already feel like poo so feeling a little bit worse for a short time (at worse) is a small thing compared to getting some relief.

Positive thoughts
    "Eat. Drink. Enjoy the work you do. Be thankful for the blessings God gives you in this life. Live, love and seek out the things that bring your heart joy. The rest is meaningless... Like chasing the wind." King Solomon

The best help is the help you give yourself! http://cbt4panic.org/

Thank you fishmanpa. This is just no way to live life- it's not fair to me, or to my family. I fee like absolutely "poo"-- as you put it :( I see the doctor on Thursday, i'll report back. Thank you for your support!

Quote Originally Posted by Ethansmom View Post
    Thank you fishmanpa. This is just no way to live life- it's not fair to me, or to my family. I fee like absolutely "poo"-- as you put it :( I see the doctor on Thursday, i'll report back. Thank you for your support!
    Any time I understand about the meds. I was having heart issues back in the Spring. I saw my cardiologist and had testing etc. They found my heart disease was stable but probably progressing in some of the smaller vessels thus causing the chest pain. They increased my meds (BP and beta blocker). I really didn't want to have to do it and it has caused some minor but manageable side effects but I'm much better and haven't had chest pain in months.

Sometimes we have to do things for our health, be it mental or physical, that we may not want to do but in the big picture, it's only to help us manage our lives better.

Let me know what your doctor says... Feel better soon!

Positive thoughts
    "Eat. Drink. Enjoy the work you do. Be thankful for the blessings God gives you in this life. Live, love and seek out the things that bring your heart joy. The rest is meaningless... Like chasing the wind." King Solomon

The best help is the help you give yourself! http://cbt4panic.org/

Hi Ethansmom. I'm sorry to hear you're still going through a hard time. Me too. It's interesting what you say about it coming in waves. I've not been able to find much reference to this but it's the same for me. I can feel rotten all day or now and then I can feel more normal but then I have these seemingly random waves of feeling just awful.I've just come off one med and my dr also suggested another one but like you, I'm scared about it. I work full time and have three kids. I feel like I'm drowning.

Quote Originally Posted by Fishmanpa View Post
    Any time I understand about the meds. I was having heart issues back in the Spring. I saw my cardiologist and had testing etc. They found my heart disease was stable but probably progressing in some of the smaller vessels thus causing the chest pain. They increased my meds (BP and beta blocker). I really didn't want to have to do it and it has caused some minor but manageable side effects but I'm much better and haven't had chest pain in months.

Sometimes we have to do things for our health, be it mental or physical, that we may not want to do but in the big picture, it's only to help us manage our lives better.

Let me know what your doctor says... Feel better soon!

Positive thoughts
    I'm so glad you are feeling better!

---------- Post added at 18:05 ---------- Previous post was at 18:04 ----------

Quote Originally Posted by cattia View Post
    Hi Ethansmom. I'm sorry to hear you're still going through a hard time. Me too. It's interesting what you say about it coming in waves. I've not been able to find much reference to this but it's the same for me. I can feel rotten all day or now and then I can feel more normal but then I have these seemingly random waves of feeling just awful.I've just come off one med and my dr also suggested another one but like you, I'm scared about it. I work full time and have three kids. I feel like I'm drowning.
    I totally get it! I'm terrified of taking something else, but then again what other choice do I have. I can't calm my brain down enough to be able to meditate, etc. My doctor wants to try pristiq? Not sure if that's going to be too activating. Ugh.. we'll see. I hope you feel better!

---------- Post added at 19:31 ---------- Previous post was at 18:05 ----------

I'm having such a horrible day. All I can think about is my anxiety and panic. My thoughts won't stop. I'm misinterpreting all of my physical symptoms. I have tried looking at that CBT4panic and am still panicking. Trying to drink some chamomile tea to calm down. Anyone have tips. I'm at work at trying to distract myself, but it's hard :( I feel like crying.

If you're able to then sometimes having a good cry can actually help to relieve the tension. I cried all the way to work this morning because I'm just so burnt out from trying to keep going every day while I'm feeling like this. It feels like one step forward three steps back at the moment. I try to hang on to the hope that I won't always feel like this but some days it feels like it will never end. Do you ever listen to meditation recordings on spotify or mp3? I often can't calm myself down enough to do relaxation myself but listening to it seems easier and it does help.

I cried all day and felt much better after that! It is therapeutic. I hate anxiety and keep asking myself what I've done to deserve this torture . I still take clonazapam in addition to lexepro, but it doesn't stop me from misinterpreting every sensation. I'm afraid of the shaking and heart palpitations. I guess I need to just accept this is where I'm at right now in my life. I really need this forum for support .

I'm sorry to hear your feeling like that. I too having a bout as you decribed. I dont know whym i too cry and feel better. Im sick if feeling that way. I try to tell myself i shouldn't feel that way but it doesn't help.bi dwell too much on this and shoukd stop but i cant get myself out of it. Either i am worrying about Ha or dwelling on what I feelm im sick of it. I try going back to sleep in morning but i cant stop the brain from thinking about everything or worryabout everything. I ordered the book the worry trick. Lets see uf it helps. Hang in there. You're not alone with that nasty anxiety. Take care .

I spend a lot of my day at work trying to hold it together. Every day is a struggle then I feel bad because I really have nothing to be depressed about apart from feeling so ill all the time, I just can't accept that it's anxiety!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information