Thread: Lump In throat

Unhappy Lump In throat

I'm hoping someone on here can help me with the following problem.

For the last few months I've been suffering with a lump feeling in my throat. It's always there sometimes it effects my breathing more so when I'm focussing on it. When I eat meals the lump doesn't bother me but if I take a tablet or have a small sweet I can feel it lodged in the bottom part of my throat. The whole of my neck feels tight from my chin to the bottom of my next and nothing seems to get rid of this feeling! The last couple of weeks I've noticed my tongue aches which I can't think why and under my tongue feels swollen but I don't think it is sometimes even my chin aches and have notice I'm getting small tremors in my lips. I really don't know what's wrong and it's driving me mad! I have visited the doctors twice about thus the first time because the lump was really bad for a couple of days and the second time because my whole neck feels swollen especially the bottom of my neck on both sides. Both times my neck was felt and the doctor seemed happy but they did check my thyroid to be sure but it came back fine!

I've had enough of this now and don't know what to do I'm scared I have some sort of abcess or tumor in my neck that will grow down into my lungs or make me stop breathing. I just don't know what to do I'm hardly sleeping over this can anybody shed any light on this or felt something similar??

Re: Lump In throat

Hi there

Have a read of the posts in the forum I am going to move this to - that will help

“Don't be afraid of death; be afraid of an unlived life. You don't have to live forever, you just have to live.” - Natalie Babbitt

Please help keep NMP running and donate to the running costs: http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/donate

Re: Lump In throat

I have this exact same problem. can you pm me about exactly what the neck swelling etc feels like as ive been really freaking over the exact thought and sensations myself... and im feeling really alone about it. x

Thread Information