Thread: Fluoxetine and yawning?

Fluoxetine and yawning?

I've searched around on the site for similar or related threads. I can find threads for yawning on different meds... and I don't know just how different the meds are.

Has anyone had yawning as a side effect with fluoxetine/prozac? I'm on day 25. Around day 11 I started noticing that after a yawn I am severely light headed. It is too the point that anytime I feel a yawn coming, I grab ahold of something or sit down now. For the past three days I have been yawning back to back, sometimes as many as five times in a row. I will return to the doctor on Monday to discuss my first month on the meds, hopefully we'll talk about all the things that are bothering me. I just can't find on line anywhere if the feeling faint after a yawn is something to do with fluoxetine or maybe low blood pressure, or lack of oxygen returning to my brain... I'm starting to worry about it. But the panic has yet to set in. I can at least thank fluoxetine for that.

Re: Fluoxetine and yawning?

Hey JCA,

I'm on day 37 and feel that I have ups and downs throughout the day with yawning and feeling tired. I think when you yawn, you're naturally expelling tiredness which will lead to a faint feeling. I yawn so much throughout the day too but have never felt the need to nap. I would be worried if I was constantly napping throughout the day but I find that yawning and erratic energy levels could be a symptom of the Fluox.

Milk x

yeah Im still having the odd bad nights sleep and yawned constantly for the first month simply because of the awful insomnia.....im still getting night sweats 3 months on,but im not bothered...no panic attacks and much calmer...thats all i wish for

I only started taking Fluoxetine on monday and i'll i've done is yawn on and off throughout the day hon! I'm being so impatient i just want them to start working and make me feel 'normal' again

I am taking 40 mg of fluoxetine and I am constantly yawning. Really big yawns!It can be a bit annoying sometimes especially if in meetings etc (I'm sure I look like I'm bored yawning all the time)!! Have been like this for weeks now so don't know how long it's likely to last but it's nothing major just a bit inconvenient.

Thread Information