Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: please help me burning tongue :(

please help me burning tongue :(

Hi all, i have posted about this before but i was told it was anixety. I have the worst feeling like i have burnt my tongue all down the left side. Dentist said there was nothing there and it was a b12 deficincy well i have been taking hardcore vitamins and it hasnt helped at all. It does come and go but sometimes its there for a week or so. Its been on & off since i had my son 4 months ago. Im so scared its something like cancer or HIV. This past week i havent been worried at all about anything so i really really dont think this is anxiety or b12 related. Please help!!

Re: please help me burning tongue :(

Tash,

i have had this for so long now, comes and goes, today it is so sore, you've been the dentist hun, believe me, they know about it, its called burning mouth syndrome and it is anxiety related, when i first got it i was terrified of what it could be, there is no real pattern for me with it, sometimes when i don't even feel anxious it hurts so much, hope this helps and feel free to pm

best wishes

di xx

oh WOW im so glad you posted this today. i have had REALLY bad anx the past week or so but then got better.. but now my tongue feels weird. not numb, exactly, but strange.. like i burnt it on food (but didn't) and mostly only on one side, exactly half of my tongue. CREEPY. now i know what it is. WHY DIDN'T I GUESS IT WAS MY LOVING HEALTH ANXIETY. no just kidding, i did guess that's what it was .. it's going away now that i've stopped analyzing it.
    I pack my trunk, embrace my friends, embark on the sea, and at last wake up in Naples, and there beside me is the Stern Fact, the Sad Self, unrelenting, identical, that I fled from. -Ralph Waldo Emerson

Quote Originally Posted by tashbarnes87 View Post
    Hi all, i have posted about this before but i was told it was anixety. I have the worst feeling like i have burnt my tongue all down the left side. Dentist said there was nothing there and it was a b12 deficincy well i have been taking hardcore vitamins and it hasnt helped at all. It does come and go but sometimes its there for a week or so. Its been on & off since i had my son 4 months ago. Im so scared its something like cancer or HIV. This past week i havent been worried at all about anything so i really really dont think this is anxiety or b12 related. Please help!!
    Hi Tash

I had a baby 6 months ago and i keep getting that too along with loads more really freaky things that i hate. I obsess over having HIV too but also like you have been tested negative ( four times one eith antnatal testing)

I think that this HA thing causes your body to be in stress mode even when your mind isnt feeling so bad. SO you will still have the physical stress symptoms even when you mentally feel okay. Think is the whole GAD thing. Plus im sure that the messy hormones after having babies cause your stress hormones to go wierd too.

Dont worry luv, its just anxiety
    Lisa
    xxxxx

Hi Tash, I know you probably want a diagnosis more than a solution but there is a mouthwash called Biotene that soothes this. Doctors know what oral cancer looks like, please try to stop thinking about that or get an oral surgeon's opinion. This is what they specialize in. Tash, one thing at a time...i think you said you had negative HIV tests. Is there some reason you think you are positive. Is there more behind this, some doubts about your partner's faithfulness? I ask not to be nosy or plant ideas but that was the case with me once...I had a test but just didn't trust him.

That was also one of my symptoms and I used a mouthwash called Oasis, it is made for burning mouth and it worked great. I dont have that anymore, but maybe the mouthwash could help you guys. Take care.

Its sadly more common than most people think - I've had phases of burning mouth, there's nothing "to see" but it sucks, I sympathise. It is a real enough syndrome but it is certainly exacerbated by anxiety.

I have something similiar, I was tested for iron levels, and a full blood count, nothing came up, i think it's anxiety. I feel like the tip of my tongue is burnt and it has a metalic taste sometimes.

hi all, im so glad im not alone. tbh the hiv thing is my biggest fear but i was stupid at 15 i am now 21 and have been tested. I have been with the same man for 3 years and i know he has been faithful so i think im just obsessing. I always relate my symptoms back to hiv its horrible. doesnt help that i googled and found an article which said burning tongue is a symptom of aids !!! Lisa, it reasurring that you have had it after having your baby, maybe its hormone related! thanks all x

I've had it really bad for a week or 2 now, and am not normally HA, however the hormone related thing is interesting as it's period time and a lot of my anxiety symptoms get worse at this time and the week preceeding, so perhaps there's more to that. or.. I am also 6 days into meds so it could be that who knows..

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information