Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Convinced i have a blood clot oh my god

Re: Convinced i have a blood clot oh my god

oh i bloody well will!
    Ive made an appointment with a gp to talk about this acid reflux as my mum is on daily medication for it, it might help. Until then ill just try and relax.

I was actually just in the ER for a suspected blood clot yesterday morning! I woke up with a bad cramp in my calf three days ago and it was hurting worse and I was starting to limp. I called my GP and he sent me to the ER. Turns out it was just a strain from the cramp, they used a doppler to look at my veins and they were all fine. The doctor said I would have had pain and tenderness down the back of the leg where the main vein is instead of directly over the muscle where my pain was. I also had no risk factors for a clot. I really wish my GP would have just looked at it and saved me that panic.

Gosh yeah i can imagine it must of been frightening,
    yeah iv had no proper leg pain its just like a burning on the top of my legs i shown the nurse and she said it looked abit like a viral rash, thee is no cause for concern, no swelling or anything.
    hope your feeling abit better now?

Hi Shivmarie. Hopefully i can put your mind at rest. If you had a blood clot in your chest, it would be in your lungs. This causes almost immedeatly respitory failure. So you would,nt be here now, so dont worry. I,v seen this happen countless times in my field of work and you dont have the symptoms at all, also with a DVT they start in the veins behind the calf muscle in the leg. I can tell you i have seen grown men cry in agony, this is a pain that is intolerable to say the least. As others have said their is swelling, deep red/purple skin colouring and a burning feeling almost like being on fire so dont worry. you are fine. x

Thank you Rachel.
    I've just been getting myself so worked up over this, I know I'm adding to the chest tightness with my anxiety, I just keep thinking what if my lungs are failing me or what if something's been missed. I dont feel normal. Yet there's only so many times I can go to the doctors and have them look at me.
    I have this persistent phlegm and its my nose too though my nose isn't stuffy. I'm thinking it may be reflux and a spot of hayfever? And I'm just reading too much into it?
    I appriciate your reassurance though it puts it into perspective. Thank you x

shivmarie. hey hun, please dont try to worry. I cant see you but i know all your symptoms that you present are anxiety related. What you are experiencing at the moment is classic health anxiety. It can manifest in many different ways. ITS VILE. Its true if you think of a symptom hard enough you will get it. This has happened to me for over 20 years. When your body is truly ill it,ll let you know. You are ok. I promise you. x

Thank you so much Rachel. So strange last week chest symptoms were non exsistant it was all head/brain worries, now that got resolved its this. It's just really uncomfortable. I have had bloods, ecgs, bp temp ruined, all came back fine yet I still can't relax xx

Hi Shivmarie. How are you feeling today?. x

Hi Rachel,

Not too bad thank you, chest tightness has almost subsided its only when i think about it i notice it, having a little balance problem though so think im going to get y ears checked as the gp said it was cloudy, but all in all im a little better thank you. how are you?

So glad u,r feeling a little better I,m not feeling to good today. I cant seem to shake the feelin that something bad is going to happen to me today. I usualy brush the thoughts away after a few hours but its proving difficult today . Imay try a Diazepam later if i dont feel any better. x

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information