Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: where are you from?

Re: where are you from?

Quote Originally Posted by ServerError View Post
    I was born in Liverpool and lived in the Mossley Hill district in the south of the city until I was three. Then we moved to Formby, a pleasant town on the coast between Liverpool and Southport.

Formby is notable for its native red squirrels and as the inspiration behind George Formby's stage name. It also has some of the highest property prices in the north of England, with a millionaires' row populated mainly by Premier League footballers and other local celebrities and the wealthy. In my time I've spotted or encountered an array of famous faces about town, including Steven Gerrard, John Parrott, Wayne and Coleen Rooney, Alan Shearer, Phil Neville, Howard Kendall, David Unsworth, Ricky Lambert and others I can't think of right now. In actual fact, I saw Ricky Lambert walking his dog the other day. Most of those names won't mean much to you if you're not British or don't follow sport!

I went to university in Lancaster for four years, then moved back to Formby. At the age of 28 in 2013 I went to live in the gorgeous little town of Castres in the south of France, but that only lasted five months before the company I was working for moved us all to Belfast. We were disappointed at the time, but I ended up having a great two years in Northern Ireland, before moving to London in 2015. I was enjoying life in London until my breakdown two years ago, and now I'm back living with my parents in Formby.

It's a nice enough place to live, but I just want to get my life back on track so I can have my own place again and live my own life. Everything's been on hold for two years now.
    You have been about quite a bit SE. I hope you go on alright and get your life back on track xxx

---------- Post added at 18:17 ---------- Previous post was at 18:06 ----------

Quote Originally Posted by MyNameIsTerry View Post
    They used to on bank holidays. Probably only in the worst places now.

Fake singer? Could he be described as "that fat singer from Take That" by a certain Gallagher brother?

To add to Magic's list - Sir Stanley Matthews! All time greatest.
    Oh I forgot about Sir Stanley Mathews. Pity he left his wife and children for the love of his life

I like Liam Gallagher, he is alright. So is the singer Robbie Williams.
    Why do people call him Fat???

Quote Originally Posted by GiovanniNL View Post
    I live in The Netherlands near the beautiful city of Groningen .

I spent a lovely weekend in Groningen many years ago . Beautiful part of the world & such friendly peoples.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

---------- Post added at 20:14 ---------- Previous post was at 20:12 ----------

I live in South East London. David Bowie was from around here, and Kate Bush.
    I do like being so close to London. Not that I go there much, but I loved working there.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by BikerMatt View Post
    Plastic glasses in all the pubs?

Thanks for not bringing up that fake singer bloke from Stoke!

---------- Post added at 18:42 ---------- Previous post was at 18:39 ----------

Nice! Oh and i've now got a place to stay when i go to Assen
    TT Assen ! Assen is nice, but Groningen is the city I love. I hope that I get a small apartment soon.

Stoke for over 12 years The home of fine pottery and Joshuah Wedgewood, Bottle Kilns unique to Stoke, pikelets and oatcakes mmm, lived in may uk cities, but loved north wales Dolgellua near Abermawr (Barmouth) which was the best by far How ever there is some very nice scenery in staffs too like the beautiful Churnet Valley and the Churnet Valley Railway (CVR)which winds it's self through the beautiful scenery Fancy a cuppa and chat then drop me a message ATB

United Kingdom of Norfolk

Originally Sydney,now Queensland but have lived in Bali,Hong Kong and Tel Aviv, I lived in these places with my ******* ex husband.

Quote Originally Posted by mezzaninedoor View Post
    United Kingdom of Norfolk
    Ive not had much of an exciting previous existance, have lived in Cambridge & Hatfield in the past

Quote Originally Posted by Lola-Lee View Post
    Originally Sydney,now Queensland but have lived in Bali,Hong Kong and Tel Aviv, I lived in these places with my ******* ex husband.
    My old man wanted to move us to Australia in the late seventies ,his mates went but mother wouldn't leave her family , who knows if we had moved I could have been in a shallow grave in the outback by now I'd probably have melted anyway above 25 and I'm out , minus four here today not counting the wind chill , this is the view from my unheated workshop , not much getting done with my frozen fingers .
    Attached Images Attached Images

I'm from the eastern side of Ohio. It's about an hour's drive from Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania.

Quote Originally Posted by Buster70 View Post
    My old man wanted to move us to Australia in the late seventies ,his mates went but mother wouldn't leave her family , who knows if we had moved I could have been in a shallow grave in the outback by now I'd probably have melted anyway above 25 and I'm out , minus four here today not counting the wind chill , this is the view from my unheated workshop , not much getting done with my frozen fingers .
    Looks really cold where you are Buster is that the river or canal? Surprised you don't have one of those cast iron heaters with a metal chimney going through the roof of your workshop, now that would keep you warm

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information