Hello,

I have just found this group and have already found some peace in knowing I am not alone in my anxiety and panic. One month ago I was just fine - one day I woke up and panic overcame me. It has been 10 years since I had a panic attack so it came as a complete surprise. Even though I knew I wasn't going to die from the panic, automatically the thought and belief set in that I was losing control of my life and I was scared. I went to my doctor right away. We had been lowering my dose of Wellbutrin (depression) to 150 per day. This may have brought on the panic attacks anxiety, I'm not sure. We increased to 300 and over the following week I felt more hopeful that recovery was around the corner. I went to see him again last week, however, as my anxiety was so strong, I actually talked to him about starting an SSRI again, as Paxil worked for me for years. He started me on 25 sertraline in the morning for 7 days. It is day 5 and it has not been a good day. I could not sleep at all last night, waking up every hour with palpitations. In addition, I haven't been able to eat properly. I try and I try to the point of gagging. I have never experienced this before in my life. Quite the opposite - struggle with weight gain. So I guess, my point in all this, or reason for posting, is to know if the increased anxiety, crying, loss of appetite and crying is a side effect of the 2 medications together that will go away? Has anyone experienced this? I am fighting the constant thought that the only solution is to quit work, than be humiliated by time off. Any thoughts or stories would be so appreciated.