Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Can anxiety be this debilitating?

Re: Can anxiety be this debilitating?

I can relate so much to all of what you've said. I feel exhausted by anything and everything, no matter how small the task. I am glad you aren't feeling constantly panicky. I've had that and it's horrendous. Obviously I'm not a doctor but I would say that yes, anxiety can be the cause of all of this. It took me a long time to realise that but it makes sense. You will be exhausted because of the constant adrenaline. That same adrenaline will be making you feel breathless and making your heart hammer. You aren't hungry because the fight or flight response doesn't need you to be. Honestly, this really sounds like anxiety. I know how awful it is and how hard to believe that it is. It can't hurt you. You are okay.

I am amazed just how bad/ill anxiety can make you feel but it can and does so you are not alone. I have been like this for years on and off but am still struggling to cope with it, I have tried CBT,therapy and medication but still it's with me so I just get on with it not much else you can do really.

Quote Originally Posted by psychadelic-brie View Post
    I can relate so much to all of what you've said. I feel exhausted by anything and everything, no matter how small the task. I am glad you aren't feeling constantly panicky. I've had that and it's horrendous. Obviously I'm not a doctor but I would say that yes, anxiety can be the cause of all of this. It took me a long time to realise that but it makes sense. You will be exhausted because of the constant adrenaline. That same adrenaline will be making you feel breathless and making your heart hammer. You aren't hungry because the fight or flight response doesn't need you to be. Honestly, this really sounds like anxiety. I know how awful it is and how hard to believe that it is. It can't hurt you. You are okay.
    Thank you.

I still have anxiety but that intense 10 weeks of constant panic all day long has passed. Its just left me with this awful exhausted state my body is in. Just walking downstairs to make a brew then back to my room makes me feel like i went for a run. I get that light headed and heart hammering feeling. I have to lie down and let it pass. I feel I've zero stamina. I guess this is deconditioning also as those 3 bad months of panic i ended up in my bedroom lying down all day terrified to move. Which i guess would make me very unfit. I was ok until those 3 bad months of debilitating anxiety.

Typical I've currently got a flu virus which has floored me even more and has landed me in bed so I'm even more deconditioned now. Just my luck.

---------- Post added at 13:30 ---------- Previous post was at 13:28 ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Maca44 View Post
    I am amazed just how bad/ill anxiety can make you feel but it can and does so you are not alone. I have been like this for years on and off but am still struggling to cope with it, I have tried CBT,therapy and medication but still it's with me so I just get on with it not much else you can do really.
    Thanks. Maca

Can you relate to what i just described to the lady in my reply above? I find it hard to do anything around the house which is making me feel useless to my hubby and children. Its also causing me anxiety worrying its not at all normal.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread Information