Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: LOL Thread - whats weirdest thing your anxiety has got you doing?

Re: LOL Thread - whats weirdest thing your anxiety has got you doing?

lol

Quote Originally Posted by Bigboyuk View Post
    So a challenge to those who posted on those strange things you have you have done in re your HA condition are you currently getting help (professionally) are you now seeking to get help or are you on the fence thinking my HA will get better on it's own? Be interested in any answers! TIA ATB
    Here is my answer: yes, I am getting professional help. I have been in CBT for 7 years, and have done an intensive outpatient program focused on HA. While I have periods of relative well-being, I am far from cured and currently in the middle of a very bad HA period that built up slowly over the course of about a year, made worse by having some actual medical issues (though nothing life threatening) during that time. I just last week started on Prozac and switched to a new therapist, so hoping those changes help. But I really don't think I'll ever be "cured" (and that aligns with what my previous therapist told me--you can learn to manage the anxiety, but you may never get to a point where you don't have the thoughts). Right now, I would just like to get back to being able to eat properly, exercise, sleep through the night, and enjoy life without these obsessive thoughts lurking in the back of my mind.

I did used to jump around a lot to see if the pains I had would worsen from movement.

I always used to lie down when I got a little dizzy in case of passing out which resulted in me laying in many places including a lift.

There are lots of things I used to do that made no sense but I have since kicked(most) of them x

---------- Post added at 17:56 ---------- Previous post was at 17:51 ----------

Also, i myself have since taken a break from getting professional help as i weren't really getting anywhere.

I've had one bout of short term CBT myself as the place had shut down and that is all i have been able to get.

I know i probably just need to try harder but it gets tiring sometimes x

"Sometimes you win, sometimes you learn."

"Be gentle with yourself, you're doing the best you can"

poo checking
    constantly flexing my toes to see if my calves hurt, heard this is one way to tell if you have a blood clot,
    Constantly going over symptoms and doing a check list in my head if I have any of them or not, of whatever illness or whatever I think I may have.

Quote Originally Posted by MyNameIsTerry View Post
    We've had threads just like this and the responses were "it's good to laugh at your anxiety" by many. I think we need to look beyond who raised the thread here. Perhaps not to everyone's tastes but if it helps some, fair play.

Getting help is a definite for all of us on NMP.
    True. Some people do get offended by self irony. Some of those offended are people offended on our behalf. I have seen that in here too.

Here's a funny one - I spent three years (!) unable to eat with silverware in front of people. Had to eat handheld foods.

It started when I was overexcited eating with an old friend and my hand shook while eating soup. After that, I was fine eating with silverware on my own, but anytime people were watching me my hands would shake.

Eventually I just took baby steps and did things like brace my wrist against the table when I ate, sit places where I felt less watched, etc. and now I can eat everything normally. But geez, who knows where that one came from, or why it lasted so long.
    Sometimes I fly like an eagle, sometimes I'm deep in despair.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread Information