Thread: Big Stuff ........

Big Stuff ........

im not sure if this will make sense BUT
    one of the things that has really triggered my anxiety and mania has been the thought of having to move house, it has really seen me dive into my boots mental health wise.

So....... Big Stuff, Im not good with big life events, I feel fragile ......

So....... I've just started out on selling our house, selling our in laws house and buying a single place we can all move into so that we can care for them

At the moment I feel okay BUT this has all gone pear shaped before and Ive had no tools in my toolbox that have helped me fix myself under those circumstances, so positive thoughts please as I step forward in the hope that i will be robust enough to cope

Tony

Re: Big Stuff ........

You need Kirsty and Phil Tony

Seriously though, I think alot of people find this kind of situation really stressful so you're not alone with those feelings, and you're having to cope with not one house sale/move but two...its enough to make anybody panic. You feel like you have the responsibility of the whole extended family and want everything to fall into the right place, particularly since it went boobs up the last time.

I don't really have alot of words of wisdom for you, but I sympathise as i've moved many times over the last few years, albeit from rented accommodation, but the moving process is still stressful and we're not finished with it yet either, having to move back to the UK from Germany next year when my husband retires. You'll cope with it because its what we do, it's just the thought of it all going wrong that leaves us in a heap and that might not happen at all this time around.

Stay positive, just take each step in the process as it comes, get through one before thinking about the next one.

ISB ☺

Quote Originally Posted by mezzaninedoor View Post
    im not sure if this will make sense BUT
    one of the things that has really triggered my anxiety and mania has been the thought of having to move house, it has really seen me dive into my boots mental health wise.

So....... Big Stuff, Im not good with big life events, I feel fragile ......

So....... I've just started out on selling our house, selling our in laws house and buying a single place we can all move into so that we can care for them

At the moment I feel okay BUT this has all gone pear shaped before and Ive had no tools in my toolbox that have helped me fix myself under those circumstances, so positive thoughts please as I step forward in the hope that i will be robust enough to cope

Tony
    Hey Tony - I'm with you man. Moving sucks. The biggest thing that has kept me from moving in the past has been moving itself. However that sounds like a great plan you have there and just keep your eyes on the prize. Consciously make yourself stay even keel. Just went through moving my folks into "the place" three years ago. Sold their home. Moved all there stuff to my house and various other places ect ect ect...Just kept my head down and plowed on. I have no doubt you're up to the task. Once you get rolling there's no turning back anyways. Incidentally I had to move my parents again two weeks ago. And had to split them up after 66 years together. The natural progression of life. Keep us posted friend. We'll help you through.

N.

Thanks folks
    Im just having to challenge my self talk all the while at the moment

Thread Information