Thread: Depression causing fatigue

Depression causing fatigue

Those of you with depression, can I ask how debilitating your fatigue is? I do have an underactive thyroid that my GP is trying to bring down and has increased my dose. It has caused me a lot of fatigue and chronic for the last year BUT I have noticed my fatigue worsen recently in the last 2 months.

It feels like severe brain fog, I can't think straight and my surroundings often feel unreal. I am so exhausted I can't think straight, sheer exhaustion all over, heavy eyes and weak thighs often too. I tire doing anything and can often feel a little unsteady walking due to how fatigue I am. My GP has ran so many blood tests and done examinations and it seems he thinks I have the thyroid issue and depression causing it.

I just thought I'd ask here how depression effects others in a fatigue kind of way.

Thank you

B

Re: Depression causing fatigue

I can tell you from my personal experience, the fatigue level I experienced was exasperated by the fact I was recovering from cancer. The same thing happened after my first heart attack. I had real physical issues that caused fatigue and the depression just piled onto that.

In reality, it was a mix of fatigue along with a serious lack of motivation. I knew I needed to get up and move, go outside and get fresh air etc. but it took just about everything I had in me to do so. It was just much easier to draw the blinds and sit inside all day. Even with things I enjoyed like hiking and fishing etc. I just didn't have the motivation. I slept a lot too.

Fortunately, having experienced depression in my ex wife, I recognized what was going on and sought help. In both cases and one as recent as 2013, I sought help. One on one counseling and meds as a crutch, some hard work and I overcame it.

Positive thoughts
    "Eat. Drink. Enjoy the work you do. Be thankful for the blessings God gives you in this life. Live, love and seek out the things that bring your heart joy. The rest is meaningless... Like chasing the wind." King Solomon

The best help is the help you give yourself! http://cbt4panic.org/

Thread Information