Hi Everyone.... Has anyone else had a bad experience from an appointment seeing the Local Mental Health Team ?? ... What’s your story ?? ... Unfortunately my meeting made my anxiety much worse and now I’m feeling pants 😞 ..... I had a meeting on the Friday the 27 October... Here is what happened

Had an appointment at 10:30 to see someone at The Mental Health Team .(Consultant Psychologist) Got there and they were late by half an hour , the table was dirty from the previous people ... Not sure if the guy was listening to me ... He mentioned if I had bad thoughts , I said yeah , I want to go to sleep and not wake up ... His answer is so you are not getting enough sleep... FFS , doesn’t he listen so I had to try and explain again ... He was asking question I couldn’t answer and things like what meds helped your depression?? .. Surely I would still be on them if they helped ... It carried on like this .

He asked about if I ever had severe depression, I said it’s pretty severe at the moment , having suicidal thoughts everyday isn’t normal ... He said , I mean depression a lot worse than this ... I am not hurting myself or going to take anything , but the thoughts are still there ... Now I’m thinking that he probably thinks my depression isn’t serious...
He asked what sort of things helps my depression... Surely if I knew that , I would’ve doing it .... Then it came down to the meds ... He wanted me to stop Duloxetine 30mg just like that ... Go a week without anything and then take the new meds ... I mentioned about tapering slowly he said I didn’t need to ... I have read on the forums about just stopping at 30mg and it didn’t turn out well ... I have got 20mg in my bag ... So I’m going to take them ... I’m still anxious about the possible side effects of coming off just like that .... The person also stated that it would not get rid of my anxiety as I have Aspergers Syndrome and would always have some anxiety.... I dunno , brain is totally arghhhhh... Now I’m feeling terrible and a bit of a freak .. — feeling depressed.