Home | Contact | Sitemap | Privacy Policy | Terms and conditions
User Name
Password
Success Stories Please post your successes here to motivate others and aid with their recovery. It is always nice to see people doing so well so come back and tell us how you are.

Old 07-01-18, 20:35

Re: What have you done today to make you feel proud??

Yes it certainly is. I am so grateful I have no option but to just get on with it.
Old 07-01-18, 21:39

Thanks Buster.
It's sometimes the caring for someone or something that keeps you going!
Old 08-01-18, 09:33

It certainly is for me.
Old 09-01-18, 13:36

I don't feel proud but I do feel a sense of small achievement in the fact that my daughter's GP has referred her for an urgent psychiatric assessment at the local special needs unit. Things have got very bad for her and I feel that I haven't helped her as I should have done. I said things today which were very painful but completely true. I just hope there is a relatively quick response but the reality is that there won't be At least I have done something to get the ball rolling again..It just isn't fair that the options for her with a lifelong disability are severely limited whereas it's so much easier to access mainstream support for a mild to moderate issue which doesn't interfere with everyday life.
Old 09-01-18, 22:17
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by pulisa View Post
I don't feel proud but I do feel a sense of small achievement in the fact that my daughter's GP has referred her for an urgent psychiatric assessment at the local special needs unit. Things have got very bad for her and I feel that I haven't helped her as I should have done. I said things today which were very painful but completely true. I just hope there is a relatively quick response but the reality is that there won't be At least I have done something to get the ball rolling again..It just isn't fair that the options for her with a lifelong disability are severely limited whereas it's so much easier to access mainstream support for a mild to moderate issue which doesn't interfere with everyday life.
What would we have to do to really feel proud ? You have and do sacrifice your own mental wellbeing for your loved ones as do so many on here yet we still don't feel we deserve to feel proud , we really are a messed up bunch , I know how tough it is to try and get help for another adult it tried to intervene in my partners health care she would not be chuffed to say the least , there are days when you just want to walk out and keep walking but none of us have so we should be proud
Today started as usual felt awful , walked dogs through sludge , went out on van and on the stereo was Madness , Grey day , if you've heard this song it's my theme tune , so instead of carrying on that way I flicked to another song , I chose a bit of a cheesy one but very uplifting, Slade ,C'mon feel the noise , very loud singing badly in my cocoon, set me up for few hours work in my non heated workshop had to break the ice to wash my hands but work is good for the soul and clean fingernails don't look right on me .
Old 12-01-18, 22:59
Advanced Member

Today feeling totally crap I took my granddaughter to school and then took my three year old grandson to his second day at nursery, he'd made his mind up he wasn't going so I knew it would be tough , he sobbed his heart out and hung on to me crying " Grandad stay with me " I said " I can't mate you'll be ok " gave him a kiss and hug and had to walk away , I know he'll get over it but it's heartbreaking I felt a bit fearful myself walking away.
Old 13-01-18, 00:03
Intermediate Member

I hear you Buster...when our youngest daughter had her first day at play group she was distraught when she saw myself and Mrs F walking away. Luckily the staff had lots of Noddy toys which were her favourite. It still upset us too though but I bet five minutes after you left him, your grandson would have been playing happily.

Tackled the chippy at teatime, was very tough especially being packed. Unreality was rampant, becoming normal now...
Old 13-01-18, 00:26
Advanced Member

My daughter text to ask how he got on I just said he wasn't as bad as you , she used to hang on to the gate
I did the chippy tonight as well wasn't too bad but sometimes it can be , bright hot and you never know how long you'll be in there " just waiting for chips " argh ! Sounds ridiculous doesn't it but there are a lot that couldn't do it at all so well done it's not easy when you feel like you are in a bloody dream world .
Old 13-01-18, 19:06
Intermediate Member

Thanks Buster, the chippy is often a litmus test for how well (or not) I'm doing. My daughter did come with me but opted to stay in the car.

Felt very dodgy around Iceland's this afternoon, but then we had gone to our son's house for a couple of hours beforehand. 'Note to self', do the necessary stuff first

Tags
feel, make, proud, today