Page 57 of 63 FirstFirst ... 7475556575859 ... LastLast

Thread: What have you done today to make you feel proud??

Re: What have you done today to make you feel proud??

Today feeling totally crap I took my granddaughter to school and then took my three year old grandson to his second day at nursery, he'd made his mind up he wasn't going so I knew it would be tough , he sobbed his heart out and hung on to me crying " Grandad stay with me " I said " I can't mate you'll be ok " gave him a kiss and hug and had to walk away , I know he'll get over it but it's heartbreaking I felt a bit fearful myself walking away.

I hear you Buster...when our youngest daughter had her first day at play group she was distraught when she saw myself and Mrs F walking away. Luckily the staff had lots of Noddy toys which were her favourite. It still upset us too though but I bet five minutes after you left him, your grandson would have been playing happily.

Tackled the chippy at teatime, was very tough especially being packed. Unreality was rampant, becoming normal now...

My daughter text to ask how he got on I just said he wasn't as bad as you , she used to hang on to the gate
    I did the chippy tonight as well wasn't too bad but sometimes it can be , bright hot and you never know how long you'll be in there " just waiting for chips " argh ! Sounds ridiculous doesn't it but there are a lot that couldn't do it at all so well done it's not easy when you feel like you are in a bloody dream world .

Thanks Buster, the chippy is often a litmus test for how well (or not) I'm doing. My daughter did come with me but opted to stay in the car.

Felt very dodgy around Iceland's this afternoon, but then we had gone to our son's house for a couple of hours beforehand. 'Note to self', do the necessary stuff first

Fence panels were blown down so had to order two more and a post from Wickes. Having to wait 30 minutes as the till froze halfway through the transaction. Auto-pilot fully engaged, the goods will be delivered tomorrow and the fence repaired, no doubt on auto-pilot again.

A few days late but I’m proud for the fact that I went to Spain for 3 days and coped the whole time without having a meltdown! Ive discovered that over the past few years when I leave my home and go abroad I feel very anxious and the last time I went away I was like a zombie in the airport.

1 Waking up without checking my body for 'weird' things.

2 This afternoon I have a job interview, but I'm not anxious.

Yesterday after a week of non stop anxiety I snapped but in a kind of good way , took out the grandkids and dogs ( five people and four dogs in a small vdub van not very calming ) went for walk with the usual grim reaper on my back whispering in my ear " you are about to drop dead " , it had rained and snowed the kids had wellies on but daughter was telling them don't get wet , that's when I snapped and thought f£&k it , I jumped in a big puddle and wet the kids , they took it as a green light and started kicking ice cold water we got so soaked I had to empty their wellies and take off their trousers to go in the van , back home to warm baths , you should see the photo I took of them kicking water they looked so happy and that's how I want them to remember me when I gone not the miserable f£&k with a worried look on his face .
    Well done you guys on your triumphs how ever small they seem , I couldn't get on a plane to Spain

Buster you are a STAR. Well done

Thanks Magic , it's hard to feel like a star some days but we live in hope

Page 57 of 63 FirstFirst ... 7475556575859 ... LastLast

Thread Information