Thread: Depression

Depression

Hi my name is June, And my doctor has put me on citalopram for depression and anxiety, It seem like its taking for ever to kick in.

Hi Billie72

We just wanted to welcome you aboard to NMP. We hope you enjoy your stay here and get all the support and advice you need.

Please take some time to read the website articles on the left as well for loads of advice and tips.

Re: Depression

Hi June, think the waiting is the worst bit...you've done what you need to get help and it feels like nothing is happening. I'm 8 days into my Prozac prescription and only really starting to feel any benefit. I've been advised to exercise and keep a routine and being out in the sun and fresh air has really helped when I've been struggling. Hope that it will start to work for you really soon,and there are loads of people on here who are willing to drop a friendly line so you're not on your own. Take care xx

june, yes they can take a couple of weeks to feel any benefit, a bit longer to reach full effect, hang on in there, you will feel better soon, and get lots of support here xx

Hello Billie and welcome. I'm on citalopram too. And the first few weeks can be up and down or nothing at all. Just try doing a bit of relaxation and diversion work as much as you can would be my suggestion.

Darren

Thank you all. But citalopram did not work so doctor has put me on mitrazapine 5days in and and I am feeling a little low but hopefully I will get there, but it nice to no that there is people out to help me thank you

Hello and welcome,

It takes 2-4 weeks for it to kick in so be patient, you will get there okay!

Thanks julianne

Hi Billie and

Pip xx

Please help keep NMP running and donate to the running costs: http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/donate

Thread Information