Page 55 of 63 FirstFirst ... 5455354555657 ... LastLast

Thread: What have you done today to make you feel proud??

Re: What have you done today to make you feel proud??

Quote Originally Posted by pulisa View Post
    Thank you, Buster. Beautiful rainbow! I know I have many things to be grateful for but life is tough, isn't it? I know how hard life is for you too but at least we can see the funny side of some of our hang-ups! I'm just off to the tip to dump some of my sorrows along with the guinea pig droppings..My gerbil is 3 today-she has already opened her card and has a special cardboard tube to chew up!! I'd probably thrive living in a tank with a set routine!
    Happy birthday gerbil why do you think prisons are overcrowded no bills no worries nice and warm never rains or snows , I'm off out to vandalise an MP's house
    Been to see an old chap Ive dealt with for many years , he's retired now and getting on so I have no reason to go anymore but he's the age my dad would have been and I'm the age his son would have been had he not died in his teens so we both kind of get somthing out of the friendship and his wife likes to feed me up with cake and tea , three hour round trip is a long way to go for cuppa.

You are a very kind man, Buster. Good for you-that will have made his day.

That's a great photo Buster, I wonder if there really is a pot of gold at the end Pulisa is right, you have a kind heart.

Pulisa, I didn't realise you are on the autistic spectrum, bless you. I have a nephew and two grandsons that are too.

If I did a thousand good deeds a day I still wouldn't feel good about myself , I saw somthing horrific as a lad and it never left me , I've saved several people's lives by being in the right place at the right time but bringing my dad home from hospital to die because of their mistake has always played heavily on my mind , I didn't save him , put me in a situation where someone needs immediate help and I'll step up ,give me time to overthink it and I'll let them down that's why I don't cope well at home too much time .
    Fishman it's not pulisa who has autism it's her daughter but I can see it might have read the other way round , seems so many people on here have family problems of some sort to deal with , compared with what some of my mates have been through mine are nothing but it has been constant for a long time and it does chip away at you like a little toffee hammer ( remember them )
    Take care

I'm the same about my dad's death, Buster. I feel responsible although it was down to negligence by the care home. I'll be the first to help any person in distress but as you say, it doesn't take away the guilt from what I could have done for the person I owed the most..

Fishman, sorry for the confusion. It wouldn't surprise me if I am on the spectrum too but every psych I've seen has said no. It would make it easier for me to accept myself if I were to be given an official diagnosis but I think that I've just got so used to coping with autism that I've adopted that way of thinking too. I didn't realise that you had got family members with autism-I hope they are not too badly affected.

Pulisa so many of us carry that guilt with us on losing a parent and it not being the way we would want it at the end , death very rarely does as it's told we just hate being out of control, and the other thing you mention not having a lable on what particular type of nut case we are most of what the docs say is just guessing same as meds suck it and see .
    Today I spent some quality time with my grand kids fist time since before Christmas, later on I taught my granddaughter a good life lesson on people , we went to see a chap who rang to sell me something, she wanted to come with me , I turned down what he was selling and we sat outside in the van I asked do you think he was nice and telling the truth ? She said yes , so I said let's see I think he's a liar we googled what he was selling and it was stolen , I'm not an educated man but I'm pretty street smart and can smell a liar as soon as they open their mouths , we had a good discussion on how to spot liars on the way home she also threw a few insults at me , it's what we do
    So had good fun with the kids , kept my cool while a lying shite was trying to rip me off , taught my granddaughter not to trust everyone there are good and bad people out there , I felt good for doing this while not feeling to good myself , felt the fear but did it anyway .

Well I think you gave your granddaughter a very valuable lesson in life there, Buster. There are so many shites out there taking advantage of and preying on decent trusting people-the sooner you learn about this the better and I'm sure she'll remember your wise words. Getting the balance between being able to trust and not falling for con artists is never easy.

Someone told me once to always be aware of the people who you would least expect to be a bad person. This has proved right on many occasions for me.

Hi to everyone on here and a belated 'Good Year' for us all.

Just wanted to skim the subject that Buster and Pulisa was talking about their parents and feelings. You both know I am struggling over my mun's passing, still!!
    And my Dad, who unfortunately passed when I was in the height of my breakdown.
    I won't go in to all the details, but you know how I feel.
    Well, I'm sort of in the situatiin again!!!
    I haven't mentioned it until now, but my partner's mum was taken away from us, because there are NO Carers to come to our home. She was taken from us 2 weeks before Christmas and it is now 5 weeks on. The Social stepped in and said she can no longer remain with us without additional professiinal help.
    The reason I am posting this on this thread is because I have kept calm about it all and proud to except that I can not control people's destinys which are beyond my control.
    I am also looking at the bigger picture with my partner's health and wellbeing and for once, my own health. She is only 5 minutes away in a superb home, small and independant. We vist every couple of days and she seems happy.
    It takes a lot of strength to accept something that someone else has decided for you, especially a stranger!

Adrenaline surges upset tummy,lightheaded 12/7,tinnitus shaky legs,and just to add we also feel that no one else can feel as bad as we dobut still just took the dog out and floated over the field,our friend anxiety is not going to stop me from going out,it can come with me however it makes me feel

Absolutely Aquilega.

Page 55 of 63 FirstFirst ... 5455354555657 ... LastLast

Thread Information