Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Motivation to shower/bathe/do anything

Re: Motivation to shower/bathe/do anything

Thank you Fishmanpa.

You are always a voice of reason and support.

Unfortunately, I dont have any friends local to me. It is kind of up to me to get myself moving. Some days I manage it and some days I just mentally and physically crawl into a shell. It is so dumb, as I know that the best way to tackle depression is to make yourself do stuff, but it feels so hard lately.

Thanks again Sir....your advice is much appreciated, as is everyone elses who replied. xxx

Quote Originally Posted by debs71 View Post
    Thank you Fishmanpa.

You are always a voice of reason and support.

Unfortunately, I dont have any friends local to me. It is kind of up to me to get myself moving. Some days I manage it and some days I just mentally and physically crawl into a shell. It is so dumb, as I know that the best way to tackle depression is to make yourself do stuff, but it feels so hard lately.

Thanks again Sir....your advice is much appreciated, as is everyone elses who replied. xxx
    debs been there many times my self oh if only there was some one close by who could help me etc but it's not there and that's the sad part. And even the smallest of tasks can be come a nightmare so do feel for you. Do you have a relatives or family nearby who could help in any way? Cheers

Quote Originally Posted by Bigboyuk View Post
    debs been there many times my self oh if only there was some one close by who could help me etc but it's not there and that's the sad part. And even the smallest of tasks can be come a nightmare so do feel for you. Do you have a relatives or family nearby who could help in any way? Cheers
    Or even a community bulletin board where you can post things. Something like"Looking for a morning walking buddy. Let's get out and get some exercise together!" You might even make a new friend or fellow sufferer and help each other

Positive thoughts
    "Eat. Drink. Enjoy the work you do. Be thankful for the blessings God gives you in this life. Live, love and seek out the things that bring your heart joy. The rest is meaningless... Like chasing the wind." King Solomon

The best help is the help you give yourself! http://cbt4panic.org/

Quote Originally Posted by Fishmanpa View Post
    Or even a community bulletin board where you can post things. Something like"Looking for a morning walking buddy. Let's get out and get some exercise together!" You might even make a new friend or fellow sufferer and help each other

Positive thoughts
    Yes that's a great idea, good thinking there!! Cheers

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread Information