Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Scared of mental breakdown

Re: Scared of mental breakdown

TY Bigboy, another comment made yesterday really made me put this into perspective. I lost my only child, to serious mental illness, my only child and the love of my life. The stress of watching her disappear into her illness over the course of years was enormous. My "breakdown" is normal, it's the normal response of a mother and the worst time of year because my birthday is coming, anniversary of her passing is coming, then her birthday. Grief has no time frame, it never ends, not the loss of a child. TY for your help!

Grief will lessen. The ache will dull with time, but it will never completely go away. Losing a child is the hardest loss in the world because it's not natural, so just remember that it will take longer for the ache to dull.

You know, there are several people struggling on here because they have lost their parents... Maybe you can find some comfort in comforting others on here.

Quote Originally Posted by ellzeena View Post
    TY Bigboy, another comment made yesterday really made me put this into perspective. I lost my only child, to serious mental illness, my only child and the love of my life. The stress of watching her disappear into her illness over the course of years was enormous. My "breakdown" is normal, it's the normal response of a mother and the worst time of year because my birthday is coming, anniversary of her passing is coming, then her birthday. Grief has no time frame, it never ends, not the loss of a child. TY for your help!
    That's ok It's going to be hard for you, It's going to take time and in your own way too! So the MH Problem killed you daughter. Hey it's ok don't need any details. We are here for you so no problems there And you are right there is no time frame either. Just hold on to those memories while the grieving will fade over time, the memories wont hold on to these And as AntsyVee says it does help take your mind off your own problems by being there for some one else in need, only when you feel comfortable and ready to do so

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information