Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 24. Blood in urine. Terrible health anxiety:(

24. Blood in urine. Terrible health anxiety:(

Hi everyone, My name is Stormy and I'm new to this site. In the past 4 months, i have noticed a couple drops of blood...a light pink color after urinating. I have the urgency and burning sensation on and off. It usually comes and goes every month. I saw many doctors who did not find infections and found no blood in urine. Finally got referred to a urologist and he thinks its nothing serious and says he thinks im just fine, but is going to check inside my bladder to see if he can find out what is going on. Can anyone relate to this. I can't sleep or even function properly:( waiting for the procedure is killing me:(
    Last edited by Stormy21; 17-01-18 at 17:23. Reason: Forgot something

Re: 24. Blood in urine. Terrible health anxiety:(

It could be kidney stones - I have them and they can cause bleeding.

You will need to get it checked out though with scans and/or a cystoscopy

“Don't be afraid of death; be afraid of an unlived life. You don't have to live forever, you just have to live.” - Natalie Babbitt

Please help keep NMP running and donate to the running costs: http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/donate

I do have the scheduled in a week. What symptoms do you have with kidney stones?

Pain in lower abdomen - groin area

“Don't be afraid of death; be afraid of an unlived life. You don't have to live forever, you just have to live.” - Natalie Babbitt

Please help keep NMP running and donate to the running costs: http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/donate

Do you have the burning and urgency? Did it last for months?

No burning or urgency. I got fast-tracked within 2 weeks cos I was in so much pain. Had two lots of antibiotics which sorted it. I still have the stones but they are monitoring them.

That sounds terrible! Thank you for replying. Hopefully I don't have anything more serious. I pretty much conviced myself I have bladder Cancer, even though the urologist thinks I'm fine and it's nothing 😐

Even if you DO have it and that is a big IF it is very treatable - I know 2 people that have had bladder cancer and successfully treated and fine now.

Hi,
    Sounds like you are doing all the right things, the bladder examination will give the urologist more info. I had frequency and burning which turned out to be interstitial cystitis (inflammation not infection), which can be treated and is an autoimmune condition. I have chronic fatigue syndrome so am more predisposed to this. Not life threatening, just flares from time to time.

Try drinking lots of water, stop drinking coffee, tea or alcohol or eating anything acidic and see if it helps
    Last edited by WiseMonkey; 18-01-18 at 00:43.

Oh yes forgot to tell you that they told me to drink 3 litres of water a day!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information