Thread: Worried about my Heart

Worried about my Heart

Hi

Does anyone else worry about their heart and whether they are likely to have a heart attack. My biggest fear is dying and leaving my family behind. I have always worried about dying but it became more of a problem for me when my dad suddenly died in November 2008 of heart failure.

I am so convinced I have a problem with my heart and that I am going to have a heart attack. I have been to see a Private Consultant Cardiologist because my own GP wouldn’t send me for tests due to the fact that he said there is nothing wrong with my heart. So far over the last year I have had an ECG, Echocardiagram, Stress Test (on a treadmill) and a Cardiac CT Scan of my heart.

All tests came back fine which whilst costing a fortune and being reassuring hasn’t really stopped me from worrying. I am a 38 year old female, my BP is normal and I am not overweight.

I had a cold recently and now I think that the cold virus might have attacked my heart and therefore I am really worrying about this. Apart from intrusive surgery there isn’t really any more tests I can have.

Does anyone else worry this much about their heart????

Re: Worried about my Heart

hi i think alot of us with anxiety often think there is something wrong with our hearts ,i for 1 have had loads of tests done on mine and nothing is ever found, its understandable why you worry as you lost your dad to heart problems but it doesnt mean its going to happen to you , try to belive the tests that you are ok i know its easier said than done though hope you feel better soon
    amandaxx

hi spike
    i know where your comeing from its also my bigest fear .every pain i get or sensation i allways think its my heart .iv had this yrs now iv just turned 50 and still have it i dont think it ever goes u just have to live with it and get on with it mate . i had it tonight i could not get my breath .

No one knows when or how we are going to die, no amount of tests is ever going to tell you if you will or will not get a heart attack but it does tell you if you heart is healthy or not
    You can reduce the risk factors, take a baby aspirin a day, don't smoke , eat healthy etc...

Thread Information