Thread: WAKING UP!!!!!

WAKING UP!!!!!

Does anyone else feel like it takes them at least 3-4 hours to properly wake up and function? i always feel sick, tension in neck and eyes and like i aint even slept everyday when i wake up, i just wanted to know if this was normal with anxiety sufferes. because i feel this way i think thats why i think im seriously ill with something cause i wake up 1st thing like it.

ANYONE ELSE RELATE?

Hi kate,

I am just like you, it takes me ages to wake up, i got out of bed at 8am and i still feel half a sleep, its usualy tea time when i come round, i do try to keep busy but the sleepyness just wont go away, it is part of anxiety so dont think you have some serious illness, i think its because our minds are working overtime.

Hope this helps

Andrea
    xxx

Hi Katy, I can totally relate to this. It takes me ages to feel fully awake in the morning and no matter how early I go to bed I still don't wake up feeling refreshed. I dread having to get the kids ready for school as I seem to get so stressed and am always watching the clock to see how much time I have left to get ready and I always seem to be in a panic at the last minute and feel so flustered when i finally arrive at the school. I am so glad they break up for easter today as at least I won't have to rush in a morning. I am usually o.k by the time I get back from school and can breathe a sigh of relief but it has still taken me a good few hours to feel wide awake. I am due to give birth on 22nd April and don't know how I will cope with having to get a baby ready for the school run as well. I am lucky in that I have a neighbour who has offered to take my youngest to school and bring him home again until I am feeling up to it and my daughter who is 12 can usually sort herself out and i am hoping she will be a big help to me when the baby arrives. Do you find you start to feel better throughout the day? When my anxiety and panic attacks first started I used to feel really ill all day and night without any let up but as I have gradually got better I only feel crap in the mornings or last thing at night. I also used to think I was seriously ill but I am still here after 5 years of suffering so I must be o.k LOL!!!!!
    Hope this helps to reassure you that you are not alone with this.
    Take care
    Love Lisaxx

Katy do you know it takes me all day to actually come round it is properley bout 9pm that i start feeling awake..
    I wake up so so grotty me to as if i havnt slept all night, nasty ..my breathing is rubbish ,i have aches and pains all over and i just feel terrible, i wonder how i would feel if i was working right now, how i would managed to wake up and focus on my job, which is what i dream to do..work.(yeah as if thats gonna happen)
    Katy you need not worry i feel unbelivable when i wake up ..i promise this is al part of anxiety, and if you or any one suffers depression too, then youde be feeling even worse waking up , when you have this as well.

ash x

Thread Information