Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Crisis Team (Sectioning?)

Crisis Team (Sectioning?)

Hi. I've hit a really rought spell with my panic/anxiety the last week or so.
    I was in such a state yesterday that the Crisis Team from the local Community Mental Health Team visited me.

They are visiting me again this afternoon, and to be honest, I feel even worse than I did yesterday.

How does one go about volunteering themselves to be sectioned or placed in a "safe" unit for a few days? I can't leave the house my nerves are that bad, yet at the same time I am utterly petrified of being left alone by myself.

I have not slept properly for over a week, nor have I eaten very well in that time because my anxiety is that bad. I can not seem to switch my mind off and relax. I have come to the conclusion that I can not live like this for much longer, so I need these people to get me out of here before I have a proper breakdown.

Sorry if this is heavy.
    Al

Re: Crisis Team (Sectioning?)

Hey Al sorry things are so bad at moment, but glad that you have someone around to help. When they come today, tell them how bad it really is and be honest with them that you feel you maybe need to be somewhere safe for a while. Anxiety as you no doubt now has the habit of making everything seem huge and very very scary. But you have the insite to see that things are crap at moment which takes alot of courage to face and deal with.

Talk to them when they come ok and I hope you find some peace with whats going on take care x

Hi Al,

How difficult for you.

I have to say, I think that your self care is really great. Its amazing that you are in a place to decide that you very much need to be in a safe place. I know that sectioning for so very many people is such a horrible thought. However, and many will disagree I am sure, sometimes we need a hospital stay to help us just get some breath back. It can also be a place to gather yourself and maybe get meds adjusted, form an action plan, etc.

I am really, really sending you good healing thoughts. Please update and let us know your safe and well.

B x x x

Oh Al you poor thing! I hope you get the help that you feel you need, whatever it is I'll be thinking of you xx

Hi Al

How are you getting on, have you talked it over with them ? I hope you are okay Al.

Julia xx

Hi all. Thanks for the replies.

The people came around to see me mid-afternoon. I explained basically everything that I was feeling, and that I was scared by these awful thoughts of hurting myself (that I know I do not want to act on) etc that keep popping into my head at random moments.

They are coming back to see me on Sunday afternoon. I have been given some sleeping tablets as I think that my lack of sleep has caused my already bad anxiety to worsen and left my mind almost unable to function properly - for example, the phone rang yesterday and I pressed the mute button on the TV remote to try and turn the ring off!

I am also going to be having day visits to their centre (only a 5 min drive from my house) to have proper psychological tests (I already know the answer - I think far too much!) and I am also going to ask them if it could be anything to do with my diet (pretty crap) incase I have blood sugar problems or something like that because I am always less anxious after I eat anything. They might also alter my medication - currently Mirtazapine, which was fine for the first 3-4 weeks or so.

I do feel a bit better this evening, and have been assured that they would be more worried about me if I actually wanted to act on my evil thoughts, but because I actually want to get better then it may not (at this time) be in the best interests for me to be placed into an environment which I am alien to as they think that could make things worse at this time. If things do get worse then they will take me in as soon as they can get to me.

I am sure that 12+ hours sleep would help me more than anything right now, so will try and kip after Match of The Day.

Depression is difficult, but I find the anxiety to be the real b****rd in this - Without the constant anxiety, I am sure I would feel able to go out running or buy some daft clothes in town or go to the gym to let off some steam every night.

Thanks for all your advice and kind words.
    Take care,
    Al
    Last edited by Hereford Al; 04-10-08 at 22:18.

Glad to hear that you are feeling a bit better now Al.

My heart really goes out to you. It must be really terrifying for you when you feel so distressed.

I'm glad that the team came to see you, and it does sound as if at the moment the best place for you is in your own home, where things are familiar.

Keep talking to us here, we are keen to know how you are getting on. Our thoughts are with you.

* A journey of a thousand miles begins with one single footstep *

* The only constant in life, is change *

Hi there! sorry to hear that you are suffering at the moment but i think that you have amazing strength and wonder why you cannot see this great quality in yourself. You are going through such a difficult period, the thoughts that you are having are very scary (i have been there myself) but like the CIT told you, they are not worried because you are able to open up and talk about this and have expressed a desire to get well. You are on your way to recovery! If you were a danger to yourself you would not recognise these thoughts has been threatening, you would not even realise these thought were irrational. I hope that after you have had a good sleep you will feel better. The pills will not only help with this but they will also help relax your mind. Hope you are feeling much brighter tomorrow!

Hi Al

I volunteered to go into a Psych Unit last week at the suggestion of my Psychiatrist.
    I really don't want to go into my experiences on here but would be happy to share with you in a PM if you think it will help.
    Hope you feel better real soon. Be kind to yourself.

Love
    PP
    xxx

Quote Originally Posted by Hereford Al View Post
    Hi all. Thanks for the replies.

The people came around to see me mid-afternoon. I explained basically everything that I was feeling, and that I was scared by these awful thoughts of hurting myself (that I know I do not want to act on) etc that keep popping into my head at random moments.

They are coming back to see me on Sunday afternoon. I have been given some sleeping tablets as I think that my lack of sleep has caused my already bad anxiety to worsen and left my mind almost unable to function properly - for example, the phone rang yesterday and I pressed the mute button on the TV remote to try and turn the ring off!

I am also going to be having day visits to their centre (only a 5 min drive from my house) to have proper psychological tests (I already know the answer - I think far too much!) and I am also going to ask them if it could be anything to do with my diet (pretty crap) incase I have blood sugar problems or something like that because I am always less anxious after I eat anything. They might also alter my medication - currently Mirtazapine, which was fine for the first 3-4 weeks or so.

I do feel a bit better this evening, and have been assured that they would be more worried about me if I actually wanted to act on my evil thoughts, but because I actually want to get better then it may not (at this time) be in the best interests for me to be placed into an environment which I am alien to as they think that could make things worse at this time. If things do get worse then they will take me in as soon as they can get to me.

I am sure that 12+ hours sleep would help me more than anything right now, so will try and kip after Match of The Day.

Depression is difficult, but I find the anxiety to be the real b****rd in this - Without the constant anxiety, I am sure I would feel able to go out running or buy some daft clothes in town or go to the gym to let off some steam every night.

Thanks for all your advice and kind words.
    Take care,
    Al
    Oh boy, do I agree and empathise with your last paragraph Al! For me, it's been the worst thing I've ever had to try and cope with. BUT we will get there with the proper help and advice

Hope you had a good nights sleep and perhaps feel a bit better this morning, thinking of you xx

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information