Thread: itching

itching

does anyone else suffer from this - i get such bad itching especially at night it drives me mad

Re: itching

i itch a lot, too, especially during this time of year. if you have itching with no other symptoms, it's likely just dry skin or maybe a slight skin allergy. anxiety can also cause itchy skin. my advice, get a really good lotion and try not to take too many showers or baths and don't use really hot water. all that can dry your skin out even more. or you can get an oatmeal bath soak at the drug mart. that will help too. try doing some or all of that for a week or so and if it doesn't get better, see a doctor... not because there is somehting horribly wrong, just because you might have a little allergy or something and they can give you some cream or a steroid to get it under control.... this happened to me. i was itching all over... saw a doc... they suggested the things i listed above. didn't help, so they did a skin test and found i was having a mild allergic reaction. (my guess is it was from the detergent a hotel i recently stayed in used.) anyway, doc gave me some steroids, the itching cleared and i was fine... and you are too!

thanks so much - i am worried about it - i wonder if its from the cipralex -

Hi Bab
    I get itching and it drives me mad, I get it with anxiety and usually accompanied by headaches and IBS. The doctor said it was an allergy and prescribed antihistamines but it didn't help. It was always one of the symptoms I get that made no sense, but I guess that's HA for you
    James

Thread Information