Thread: cant get on chat

cant get on chat

can anyone help i cant get on chAT?

Re: cant get on chat

If you are a new user you have to wait 5 days before you can access the room. The chat room requires Java, so if you are using a tablet or mobile, then you may not be able to get in.

Hope that helps

If the person you are talking to does not appear to be listening, be patient. It may simply be that he has a small piece of fluff in his ear. Winnie-the-pooh

Up ahead they's a thousan' lives we might live, but when it comes it'll on'y be one. Ma Joad

have a look here too. http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/showthread.php?t=148028

Thanks mr DJ

nolite te basstardes carborundorum

Quote Originally Posted by venusbluejeans View Post
    have a look here too. http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/showthread.php?t=148028

Thanks mr DJ
    Any time

If the person you are talking to does not appear to be listening, be patient. It may simply be that he has a small piece of fluff in his ear. Winnie-the-pooh

Up ahead they's a thousan' lives we might live, but when it comes it'll on'y be one. Ma Joad

I've been having this issue for a while now.....

When I searched for java in the control panel nothing came up. Ive downloaded Java since....wasn't sure I needed to but worth a try....still no java appears when I search the control panel.....

what am I doing wrong?! Help much appreciated!

click on the start menu icon and type in "configure java" in the search box and see if that comes up with something

“Don't be afraid of death; be afraid of an unlived life. You don't have to live forever, you just have to live.” - Natalie Babbitt

Please help keep NMP running and donate to the running costs: http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/donate

I don't have chat room as available when I click on chat room I get the following?

---------- Post added at 18:14 ---------- Previous post was at 17:36 ----------

I can now see chat room an have done that java link but still cannot gain access?
    Last edited by poshpants; 08-09-14 at 17:41.

Read the thread venus posted above all the way through and there are some suggestions in there.

You don't say what happens when you go in chat

“Don't be afraid of death; be afraid of an unlived life. You don't have to live forever, you just have to live.” - Natalie Babbitt

Please help keep NMP running and donate to the running costs: http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/donate

I cant get into chat at all it comes up with proxy server an I cannot get in, I have checked the java stuff as per the link venue put on an I have no more panic in there it also mentions it might be the firewall?
    Could not connect
    Possible reasons include:
    - The chat server system at temporarily unavailable.
    - Your computer is behind a firewall or proxy server. Please ensure that your firewall permits outgoing TCP connections to port 8080.

I had this when we first changed over to the new server and it fixed itself... so I should think it will with you too, you just may need to give it a bit of time.

if you are desperate for someone to talk to in the mean time we have a Facebook page too.

nolite te basstardes carborundorum

Thread Information