Thread: My vaginal cyst is getting bigger!

My vaginal cyst is getting bigger!

I have had a tiny one for about 8 months but last weekend it suddenly tripled in size and hurt like heck so went to Dr and he gave me antibiotics which I had bad reaction to so he changed them and have been on co amoxiclav since Tuesday. I am not in as much pain and unless I am sitting down can forget about it but every day it is getting bigger. My husband says it is not inflamed and doesn't look infected it just keeps getting bigger My Gp said if the antibiotics don't help them I will have to go and get it removed which is not nice
    I finish antibiotics on Tuesday morning but assume as its getting bigger they aren't helping much but the pain has gone down a bit unless I press the cyst.
    My car has broken down as well and wont be fixed till end of next week so not easy for me to get to Dr's but would if I had to of course.
    Its the weekend again and this is when I panic as I can't see a Dr and certainly cant see out of hours Dr with no transport!
    Summary is that the cyst is not as painful as it was but still hurts - does not look inflamed or angry only problem is that is is getting slowly bigger.
    Help!

Re: My vaginal cyst is getting bigger!

Thanks M for your reply - I had thought of doing this but its not the easiest place and the risk of burning is high but will try it over the weekend - I hate to think what it would be like if it burst as its about the size of a large grape and same shape!

warm bath I agree and it will hopefully burst!

“Don't be afraid of death; be afraid of an unlived life. You don't have to live forever, you just have to live.” - Natalie Babbitt

Please help keep NMP running and donate to the running costs: http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/donate

Hello!
    I had a cyst which got to the size of a grape but on the under side of one of
    my breasts. I had antibiotics which like you I had an unpleasent reaction to. I went back to the Dr and he said let's leave it and see what happens. I was a bit suprised! He said give it a month and come back if it hasn't gone but I bet you it will suddenly burst. Well it felt so darn hard I was unconvinced! About two weeks later after my night time shower I noticed it leaking. Every evening after my shower for the next week it began draining it self! Wasn't pleasent!!! After that it shrank away and cleared up, although I have been left with a scar - but no one sees me there except my hubby!!
    I bet it will pop soon Hun! Warm flannel sounds a good idea as it draws the nasties tithe surface helping the body to expel it.
    Good luck!!

Thanks everyone - i thought I would try the hottish flannel treatment on Sunday evening then if all goes wrong at least I can see a Dron the Monday. why oh why does the cyst have to be in such an awful embarrasing place

I had a vaginal cyst about 4 years ago. had no idea it was there, my doctor found it when I went for a smear and could not beleive that I had not felt it as it was quite large. Was referred to the hospital which petrified me as I obviously thought it must be something awful but the hospital were fab and told me they were incredibly common and very easy to remove, which is what they did. I was in and out in a day, had absolutely no pain from it at all and got a week off work as a bonus! Have had no problems since so if it is really worrying you I would recommend just getting it whipped out and then you can forget about it!

Thanks IJJ - I think its a forgone conclusion that I will need to get this one removed as the antibiotics are not having any effect on it at all and although its not throbbingly painful it hurts when I sit on it or after using the loo because touching it or around it hurts. I can understand that if it wasn't painful you would not know about yours - mine is only just inside the vaginal lip and I think this is why its painful as its constantly been pressed.
    Dare I ask you how they removed yours please????

Mine was a bit further up than yours, I never actually felt it. I had a general anesthetic for my op so have no idea at all how they got it out! Had no discomfort at all afterwards tho so it was not a 'traumatic' op. It really was a simple op and nothing to worry about. I am sure you will feel a hundred times better once it has been taken out

if its a fluid filled cyst they usually do a needle aspiration ,this is a simple procedure .If its a solid cyst they may use a cauterisation method to remove it ,this seals the blood vessels and will heal quickly .All the best Sue x

Thread Information