Thread: scared to ask for help

scared to ask for help

hello, I'm 17 and from the midlands, I've just found and joined this site because I'm interested in speaking to people who have the same problems as me. I'm not sure if I have OCD, I haven't spoken to anyone about it because I'm scared to. Ever since I can remember I have had to touch or do things a certain amount of times, like 8 times because I had a good time when in was in year 8 or 10 times because I had a good year in year 10. Since I've got older I've got worse and its really frustrating, it affects my every day life so much, I'm not sure if I have OCD but if you can see any similarities please message me x

Smile Re: scared to ask for help

Hey Miss fletcher
    I'm jess!

Never ever be scared to talk about your feelings and problems because everyone in this world has something to deal with everyday or if not have in the past.

I was so frightened to tell people about my mental health issues, but it got me nowhere, thinking I didn't deserve a place in this world, but now I have everything to live for and got lots to give.

I suggest that you go to see your GP as that's the first step I did and I have just got a diagnosis of Generalized anxiety disorder and if I didn't go I would probably still be struggling.

She/he may offer some therapy or medication, but please do not suffer on your own because there is always someone out there in the same position as you.

Re: scared to ask for help

thank you for your advice I will defiantly try take that step x

Thread Information