Thread: I need some advice...

I need some advice...

Ok, so nomorepanic is probably not the best place to go for this type of advice, but maybe I am wrong. Anyways, at my high school, I recently met this really nice guy, REALLY nice and he is sweet. I am pretty sure he likes me, and I really like him too. The only problem being, is that my parents say I am not allowed to date someone too much older, and he is 17, and I am 14. They say thats too big of an age difference, and I get that it probably is. But how can I convince them that he is a really nice guy, and I am responsible enough to take care of myself, and not do something I will really regret?

Re: I need some advice...

I know this probably isn't what you want to hear but you probably can't convince them of that.
    Perhaps you could ask them if they would be willing to allow you to visit with him at your house with them being present. That way they can get to know him and perhaps that would help them to feel more comfortable with him.
    Watch your habits; they become character.
    Watch your character; it becomes your destiny.
    Lao-Tze

Re: I need some advice...

Thats actually a really good idea. I think I may bring that up with my mom and see if she likes that idea. Thank you

Thread Information